Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Brown nipple discharge - so anxious

Options
2»

Comments

• LivinLife
    LivinLife Member Posts: 301
    edited February 2021
    Options

I agree with the Mods... keep it simple - you have enough going on.... it will help others who have been following you too - to keep posts here.... If you're diagnosed at some point (and hopefully not...) then you can ask the Mods to move all of this to whichever forum fits - I'm not sure how all that works - I've just seen a recommendation like that from time to time....

• peacejen
    peacejen Member Posts: 23
    edited February 2021
    Options

Biopsies done. It was fine, just achy now. Results Friday afternoon. Quick question - my discharge instructions addressbleeding from the sight where the needle went in. However, one side has a bit of bright red/fresh blood from the nipple. Normal? I think so, given what I saw them do today, LOL.

Thank you

• LivinLife
    edited February 2021
    Options

I think I just lost what I posted.... Glad you have that over! Sounds like you are less concerned with blood as you think about the actual biopsy process? Use some ice either way. When they call with results you can mention this to them as well. Results that fast? I know you said before you'd be getting them on Friday though truly - that's really fast! I feel like I'm missing something lol though it's probably just that im tired.... lol

• peacejen
    edited February 2021
    Options

LivinLife,

I started this whole process with brown nipple discharge from my left nipple. During the process of checking breasts they noted a spot they wanted to biopsy on the right breast. So, yesterday I had 2 biopsies, one on each breast. Last night I had bright red bleeding from the right breast, the one I never had discharge from. I think this new frank blood could be a result of the manipulation of biopsy. Think so?

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Thank you replying.

Yes, fast results. Butterflies in my stomach waiting for that call tomorrow.

Jen

• peacejen
    edited February 2021
    Options

Got my results. Right side benign changes. Left side has papilloma. Will be scheduled to have that removed. I was told that there is a 15-20% that they can contain or hide cancer cells. I hope to get scheduled soon.

Thoughts

• LivinLife
    edited February 2021
    Options

Got it on the right and left biopsies and fresh blood area - likely from biopsy since that area is benign esp.... I hope it is better today? I think this is really good news peacejen on biopsy results!!! Obviously you hope there are no cancer cells hiding in the papilloma. I had a bunch of benign and precancerous junk the MRI showed that the diagnostic mammogram did not show. It was a large area compared to the area where the DCIS was. Upon final surgery pathology one of the things that was in that big (non mass enhancement area on MRI) was papilloma - there was nothing hiding in there.... I realize that may not comfort you though I'm hoping it will help... Please check back in when you get your surgery date.... Meanwhile breathe and relax - you got this....

• peacejen
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hello,

Just a small update here. I saw my breast surgeon today. I will have an excision of my papilloma and it will be sent to pathology. My surgeon said the chance of it having cancer in or around it is 3%. I’ve read that the percentage is higher but still more often benign than not. I hope to get this done as soon as possible. That’s all, just checking in.

Thanks everyone.

Jen

• LivinLife
    edited February 2021
    Options

There you are peacejen! thanks for checkin' back in! Glad this sounds so promising for you!!! Let us know how things go....

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,942
    edited February 2021
    Options

Great news!

• peacejen
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hello!

Update, yesterday I had my excisional biopsy that took out the papilloma they found on my core needle biopsy a few weeks ago. Feel achy, but fine. Results should come Monday. Odds are on my side that it is all benign, but I want to hear those words.

Jen

• LivinLife
    edited February 2021
    Options

Glad the surgery went well peacejen! Thanks for updating us and yes... please let us know about final path! Enjoy your weekend!

• schmoopiebear
    schmoopiebear Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2021
    Options

Did you hear back about the biopsy? Hoping for good news peacejen.

• peacejen
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hello,

The pathology showed a ‘single focus of atypical ductal hyperplasia’. My surgeon used the word tiny, but I haven’t seen the report yet. She said it can increase risk of breast cancer but didn’t give me percentages. I see her Friday to check the incision and she said we can discuss it further.

I don’t know a lot about ADH or common plan/treatment. Anyone have info to share?

Thank yo

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,942
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hi, Peacejen, that's great news! I'd suggest heading over to the benign breast conditions section for any questions you have now.

• peacejen
    edited March 2021
    Options

Thank you to everyone who read and posted, your knowledge and kindness has been appreciated.

Jen