Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Swollen, bloated Abdomen

Options
2»

Comments

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,705
    Options

Besia, I would love for your fix to be like Katyk says.

I called my gastro, and they got back to me pretty quickly. They want me to have a colonoscopy. Man, I hate those things. Better to be safe than sorry. It’s just too odd that I’ve had four images tell me I have an issue. You’d think my docs would say hmmm as well, but once again, I have to do the legwork. I’m scheduled for the 29th.

Thank you, BevJen.

• trishyla
    trishyla Member Posts: 698
    Options

I'm so sorry to butt into a stage IV thread, but I saw that Besia had a DIEP flap surgery, as did I.

Have you ever been checked for truncal lymphedema, Besia? I have it and your symptoms sound eerily similar. When I have a flare my entire abdomen gets as tight as a drum. I also have what I liken to Braxton-hicks contractions. If you've ever had children those are the painless contractions you can have during pregnancy.

Mine also starts in the morning and gets worse throughout the day. The lymph fluid accumulates in my abdomen, causing it to be tighter and tighter. It is really, really uncomfortable. The only things that help me are manual lymph drainage (which I've learned to do for myself) and dry brushing.

It is somewhat common in those of us who have had DIEP flap. They disrupt so many of our lymph channels that it's almost inevitable.

Please PM me if you have any questions.

Again, apologies for posting on a private thread.

Trish

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,705
    Options

Trishyla, I am one of those who don't mind if someone has a suggestion for someone that may help. I hope no one else does either. Maybe, if possible, Besia could ask the mods to move this to the Stage IV thread where anyone can answer.