Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

How often do you see your oncologist?

Options
Lainey64
Lainey64 Member Posts: 127

My apologies if this topic already exists somewhere but I could not find it. Something has been bothering me a bit lately and I wanted to get some opinions. I am stage IV and have been on various treatments since 2015. Unfortunately my previous onc retired in 2019 and I was passed over to a new one. He is a good doctor but is younger and has a very different style. He has a good nurse practitioner that I see when he’s not available. Lately though, I find that I am seeing the nurse more often than I see him. I don’t know why it is bothering me but I’m starting to feel insignificant in a way. He told me last year that he oversees everything and knows what’s going on. Today I had treatment and saw yet a different nurse and mentioned this to her. Her response was that he’s busy most of the time with newly diagnosed patients so he hands off people like me to the nurses. Those weren’t her exact words but it is how I perceived it.

Am I being overly sensitive? My next appointment is in 2 weeks and it is scheduled to be with the doctor. Sometimes I can be a little outspoken and I don’t want to say anything rude. 😢

Thanks all!