Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Waiting for two different biopsies and freaking out

Options
13»

Comments

• humblepeace
    humblepeace Member Posts: 85
    Options

SaraJay,

I’m waiting with you. I completed a biopsy yesterday for my other breast. I was treated in 2017 for IDC in the right breast. Mastectomy, chemo, and radiation. Been on hormone therapy since November 2017.

A fibroidadenoma was found in the left breast during a routine check up. I was told to watch it every six months. I did just that for about a year and I wanted it out. So, November 2020 it was removed and pathology came back benign. Now at my check this month mammogram was fine but ultrasound saw something. It may be scar tissue...so now I’m waiting with you. It’s not easy but we’re doing it!! God bless us with peace as we wait.

• SaraJay
    SaraJay Member Posts: 63
    Options

Humblepeace, you're so brave. I can't imagine the fear of potentially going through something again. Stay strong!

• ltrinidad
    ltrinidad Member Posts: 6
    Options

Good morning, SaraJay. I tried sending you a private message this morning, but it seems we can only send a limited number of private messages per day, not sure how it works. I am thinking of you. I hope you got some rest last night. I woke up at least 3 times, in spite of the Dream Water... I still have not heard back about the biopsy. I hope the results come soon, because Friday is a holiday, apparently. Be well.

• SaraJay
    Options

Hi L,

I had an ok sleep. I'm sorry you didn't rest well.

Friday is a stat holiday. I'm conflicted whether I want the results before or after the long weekend.

• SaraJay
    Options

I feel like the past two days I was feeling a bit more calm. Knowing the results are expected today or tomorrow have me in knots. I have the mammogram guided biopsy tomorrow morning as well. This fear is all encompassing and so hard to shake off. I know my family and friends mean the best, but constant messages asking if I have results is not helping either.

• redcanoe
    redcanoe Member Posts: 72
    Options

I'm sorry you are going through this Sara. Having to wait is so hard!

• beesie.is.out-of-office
    beesie.is.out-of-office Member Posts: 1,435
    Options

Ah, and there you have the reason why I don't tell many people I'm having tests until after I get the results. Friends and family mean well, but we all need to be able to deal with this process, whatever the findings, in the way that works best for us. You are number 1 in this situation; everyone else's needs and interests are secondary.

Good luck with the biopsy tomorrow. You'll be a seasoned pro at this after tomorrow... although I'd guess that biopsies were not on your list of "things to experience".

• SaraJay
    Options

So I just had the stereotactic mammogram and that was worse than the ultrasound guided one. Took over an hour, I was in a lot of pain regardless of a lot of freezing. After the entire procedure, they said they didn't get any of the calcification. I was in WAY too much pain for them to take another sample, so they stopped. I feel like a big baby and guilty that they weren't able to get what they needed.

• emotionalpond
    emotionalpond Member Posts: 31
    Options

Please don't feel like a baby..... In my biopsy I was only able to let them get 2 samples and none of the lymph node. I had to go back again for that......

• humblepeace
    humblepeace Member Posts: 85
    Options

SaraJay,

If you’re a baby, I’m a bigger fat baby LOL 😂 I had a MRI this morning and was shaking in my boots. I contemplated squeezing the emergency buzzer several times. I could not wait to get out of that machine and off the table. Too many test back-to-back aren’t be good for some of us.

You’re no baby.

Humblepeace

• SaraJay
    Options

Having another freak out today while I'm still waiting on results.

I decided to check lymph nodes throughout my body and found one swollen one in my groin area and another behind my knee on the other side. My back and shoulder blade area in my right side (sane as effected breast) has been sore and swollen and I've been feeling random pains in my right arm. Im worried that while I'm waiting for results, there could be cancer spreading throughout my body. I guess there's not a lot I can do right now if that's the case, but I'm pretty scared nonetheless. I look at my daughter who needs me and think of all the things I haven't done yet and the experiences I want to have. I'm used to being the "fit and healthy girl". Sorry...rant over.

• salamandra
    salamandra Member Posts: 736
    Options

Hi SaraJay,

Just wanted to send you good vibes and say hang in there.

Can you ask your family doc for a prescription for something for the anxiety? I found ativan incredibly helpful. Some people prefer klonopin. It just takes the edge off and it's an easy thing you can do, stay on as long as it's helpful, and go off if/when you need to.

Try not to worry about all the lymph nodes. It's literally a lymph nodes job to swell when your body is dealing with any of of a gazillion non-worrisome things it can be dealing with. I know it's easier said than done.

I can only imagine how being a single mum would make this harder. But you and your daughter will get through this and other challenges the only way a person can in life - one day at a time.

Good vibes!!

• SaraJay
    Options

Hi Salamandra,

I have been taking CBD, but it might be time for something else for the anxiety. Since I noticed the mass in my breast, it's been over a month now. I know the biopsy results should be in today or tomorrow and I'm dreading the news. I just can't help worry about lymph nodes from everything I've read in forums etc. My largest mass is "between 3.5 and 5cm" (the tech told me it was hard to measure due to my breast tissue). This has me so worried about spread and it's consuming me.