Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

BONE METS / JOINT PAIN Q & A

Options
2»

Comments

• jons_girl
    jons_girl Member Posts: 444
    Options

Thanks for sharing Rocket. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

• jons_girl
    Options

Hi Friends:

So I got recent blood work results back. And some of my numbers are higher than normal.

my Alk Phos numbers keep going up. Started in 2017 at 70 then May of 2020 78 then sept 2020 jumped to 92 then Jan 2021 102. Feb 2021 114 and April 2021 110.

I had my alk phos isoenzymes tested too. That shows where the elevated alk phos is coming from. It showed it's coming from my bones not from liver.

So I'm a little concerned. I've been having joint/bone pain for awhile now. I chat with my MO this next month.

Also my calcium has jumped from the 9s to now 10.2. So I don't know if that's concerning.

It's interesting that I have osteopenia and my calcium blood level is high. Strange.

This probably isn’t the right place to post this info but just thought I’d share this info and see if this is something you gals would be concerned about

• palbuddy
    palbuddy Member Posts: 7
    Options

Hi All,

Well, I'm sitting here shaking in fear. Something in my spine went out about 6 weeks ago. It's still spasming, though did start getting better a couple of weeks ago now. I saw my MO (Sloan Kettering) in there and told her about it and she was unconcerned. She's my new oncologist (my other one passed suddenly) and I don't know her very well and I was a little disconcerted that she kept asking me the same question ("have you booked your scans?") about six times. Like, maybe she had post-COVID brain fog or something. But, when I went for my annual physical with my GP last week, he insisted on an MRI. So, I had that yesterday morning. I copied the Oncologist on it and her Nurse Practitioner sent me this note:

**Hi Jennifer, We received the results today and I glanced at them and sent them to Dr Lake to review. I will touch base with you next week after she reviews them. Did the primary care MD call you with the results?**

I haven't heard from GP and of course it's a bank holiday weekend. I've been struggling with PTSD (Side note, my sister & mother both died of cancer while I was being treated - cervical & pancreatic respectively. So, it's been a lot.) I am beside myself with fear and am trying to calm myself. Trying not to throw up.

One thing I wonder if any know? My pain came suddenly. Like one day, something went out. I have lots of spine trouble from an old car accident - but that has mostly been in upper spine/neck and this is Lumbar spine.

Sorry to send this out on a long weekend. But, I'm losing my mind...

Thanks, all.

Jenny

• jdavis817
    jdavis817 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Jons_girl

I have an unrelated condition that causes my body to store iron. It is called hemachromatosis. Something to think I about and your oncologist can test for it. It can cause joint pain.

• 2019whatayear
    2019whatayear Member Posts: 468
    Options

@PalBuddy did everything turn out to be OK? Hope you are doing well.

• jons_girl
    Options

Hi jdavis: Sorry for my late reply. I don't have hemachromatosis. I have high iron stores.....but my body isn't using it. It is strange. But we are trying to figure out why. Anyway that isn't what I have I don't think. Cause I have high iron stores.