Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Going crazy, waiting is the worst!!

Options
2»

Comments

• AprilMoon
    AprilMoon Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2021
    Options

Julie- thank you! Ugh you ladies have helped alleviate my biopsy fear so much. Thank you thank you! And thank you for the warning about discomfort after. My son and I volunteer at an aquarium and I was wondering if I should take the day off or not. I think I will!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    edited May 2021
    Options

I think for breast mri you are on your stomach. My funky spine wouldn’t allow that. So I had the open mri. Wasn’t bad, still noisy. My surgeon went ballistic when he saw the views. I’ve never seen a dr so angry in front of a patient and family. He did a US personally right then.

You are numbed up before the biopsy and if you feel anything they will put more in. They will tell you you will hear a click when a sample is taken. I don’t remember any pain afterwards.

• PiperGrl
    PiperGrl Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2021
    Options

Sppokiesmom, why was he upset? just out of curiosity.. did they do a bad job with the images?

• JuliePink1959
    JuliePink1959 Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2021
    Options

I had a false alarm tonight, thinking I had gotten my test results. Got an email saying there were "new results" in my online portal. Since my local clinic fouls up and sometimes posts bad stuff before the doctor sees it, I jumped outta my skin. But I thought, at least the waiting would be over. I asked my husband to read it and only tell me what it says if he sees the word "benign." But it was just a stupid confirmation that I had gotten the biopsy and the tissue was sent to the lab. ARRRRRRRRGGGGHHH!

• JuliePink1959
    edited May 2021
    Options

I had a false alarm tonight, thinking I had gotten my test results. Got an email saying there were "new results" in my online portal. Since my local clinic fouls up and sometimes posts bad stuff before the doctor sees it, I jumped outta my skin. But I thought, at least the waiting would be over. I asked my husband to read it and only tell me what it says if he sees the word "benign." But it was just a stupid confirmation that I had gotten the biopsy and the tissue was sent to the lab. ARRRRRRRRGGGGHHH!

• PiperGrl
    edited May 2021
    Options

omg omg I would so have freaked out!!

They said 2-5 business days for mine, Im setting my eyes of Thursday...

Meanwhile, the surgical strips of tape they used to cover the wound caused quite a rash. I removed them and put Band-Aids on... normally those bandaids are fine but not this time. So I just removed it all hoping the swelling will go down... the last thing I need is an infection!

I'll contact my doc if it's still there tomorrow morning. Sigh.

• JuliePink1959
    edited May 2021
    Options

Hope it's better in the morning, PiperGrl! I get those reactions, too. Yeah, I'm going to sink my teeth into the ankle of my surgeon's nurse on Thursday if I don't have the results yet. I do. not. want. to wait another agonizing weekend. Tonight I was thinking how rotten all this stress is for the health of people waiting waiting waiting. My body is like, stop flooding me with cortisol!! I'm going to watch some mindless reality TV and try to stop playing through all the awful scenarios that keep running through my imagination.

Here's hoping for Thursday for both of us!

• AprilMoon
    edited May 2021
    Options

oh no Julie that would have made me insane! I hope you have results by tomorrow... crossing my fingers!

PiperGrl- how is the rash doing? Did you talk to drs about it?

I did my biopsy this morning. You were all correct- it didn’t hurt at all. They took 4 samples, so we will see! They said they hope to have results by Friday but it may be Monday. Fingers crossed for Friday!

• PiperGrl
    edited May 2021
    Options

the rash settled, now it looks like a scab... I am glad the biopsy didn't hurt, now the wait...

• JuliePink1959
    edited May 2021
    Options

AprilMoon, glad your biopsy went well! And PiperGrl, good that the rash has settled down.

FYI, in the stupid report I got yesterday that was really no report at all, one thing it said is that "out of the 6 sample taken, 4 of them sank." I'm like WHAT?! So I looked it up. In case your results say that, it only means that they need the heavier, less fatty ones to actually sample (i.e. part of the mass), and those heavier ones sink when put into liquid. So that means they got good samples.

I scoured that freaking report for anything that could tell me anything. Though I struck out.

Now, can I just say I AM SO OVER THIS WAITING?!

• AprilMoon
    edited May 2021
    Options

so interesting about them sinking. I asked to see the samples and did notice they were all on the bottom. So I guess that means they were good samples then?!

• JuliePink1959
    edited May 2021
    Options

Dang! I wish I'd asked to see them. But I had already been kind of pitiful and crying (mostly from lack of sleep) and didn't even think of it. Yeah, the "sinkers" are the effective samples. I'm marveling at the stuff I know now that I didn't know a week ago. I'm ready to stop learning now!

• AprilMoon
    edited May 2021
    Options

my results are back! Intraductal Papilloma apparently. So, not cancer. I meet with a surgeon tomorrow to talk about removal.

• JuliePink1959
    edited May 2021
    Options

AprilMoon! That's great news! Very happy for you!! You must feel very relieved.

• PiperGrl
    edited May 2021
    Options

Congrats April! woot!

• JuliePink1959
    edited May 2021
    Options

Got the results. Preliminary findings: DCIS. Seeing surgeon Monday. Very grateful it's not worse, but still upset. Just lost my mom a year ago, and was hoping for a calm summer. (I'm a professor...and taught on Zoom all year, and put my grief on the back burner.)

• PiperGrl
    edited May 2021
    Options

I'm sorry. It su©ks! I mean, glad it's not a higher stage but still...

My results also show DCISin both of the biopsy sites :/ I called the surgeon but apparently she's going on vacation so she might send me to someone else... sigh.

Julie, did the results show what grade it is?

• monarchandthemilkweed
    monarchandthemilkweed Member Posts: 151
    edited May 2021
    Options

JuliePink and PiperGrl, sorry to hear of your results. Good luck at the surgeon’s. I had to wait about 10 days between finding out I had cancer to seeing the first dr. It seems with breast cancer, it’s a lot of hurry up and wait. I don’t know much about DCIS as I was diagnosed with IDC. I’m sure you’ll find lots of support here from ladies here thoug

• JuliePink1959
    edited May 2021
    Options

PiperGrl, the nurse didn't tell me anything about grade. I'm so new to this that I didn't think to ask. Not sure they would know that since still preliminary findings? I might call tomorrow to ask about that. Monarchandthemilkweed, thanks for the kind words. It's such a new world to enter, and every nice person helps. I'm feeling really exhausted just from taking in the news today, after such INTENSE waiting for results. So hard.

• beesie.is.out-of-office
    beesie.is.out-of-office Member Posts: 1,435
    edited May 2021
    Options

JuliePink and PiperGrl, I'm sorry you've both been diagnosed with DCIS.

I'd suggest you head over to the DCIS forum. And here is a thread from there to get you started:

Topic: A layperson's guide to DCIS https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/68/topics...

• PiperGrl
    edited May 2021
    Options

Thanks Bessie.