Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Periods after Lupron - when did it normalize for you?

Options

Hi All,

I am no longer on lupron shots and experiencing my first period back since stopping the shots. I had my last 3 month shot in October. My period is on day 3 and extremely heavy. I'm going through a super tampon every hour.

I expected the first period back to be very irregular since this Is my first period since November 2018 but was curious how long it took others to level off and how many periods before your cycles returned to "normal" again?

Comments

• orangeflower
    orangeflower Member Posts: 92
    Options

It took me a couple of cycles after the Lupron was out of my system. My doctor told me that the first couple of periods would be difficult. You might want to reach out to your doctor if you're still having difficulty.

• poisedandpink
    poisedandpink Member Posts: 21
    Options

Okay, thank you. This is my first one and I'm less than 72 hours in so not sure its a problem yet but good to hear that others had this experience with it coming back.

• jinx27
    jinx27 Member Posts: 119
    Options

Id like to know too, my last dose of Lupron was May 10th, I was told my cycle should come back now that Ive stopped Lupron. Its going to be weird having one because its literally been years lol Just scheduled an appointment with an OB/GYN so that I can have support with my body post Lupron. Also thanks orangeflower.

• poisedandpink
    poisedandpink Member Posts: 21
    Options

My period lasted 5 days. Days 2-4 were heavy, with no cramps. I contacted my oncologist, who said this was normal for the first one back. It should level off after a few cycles but did mention that Tamoxifen can cause periods to be both light or heavy, so not be alarmed if this is also a new normal. So we'll see!

• sunsetcity
    sunsetcity Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hello. My periods returned 10 months after being off of zoledex and AI. I'm experiencing extreme pain in pelvic area in addition to bleeding. I'm shocked they are back because I'm 52, and was on the treatment almost 5 years. I'm wondering if the pain is just those organs waking back up after not functioning for 5 years? But, given my age...it seems strange? Anyone else have a similar experience?

• kiascia
    kiascia Member Posts: 15
    Options

hi everyone! I' be been on Lupron for 5 years and now the oncologist wants me to interrupt to see if I am in natural menopause. I am taking aromasin. Usually how many months go by until it's out of your system? She has asked me to do blood work in June to see my hormones levels. Thanks in advance for any information.

• kiascia
    kiascia Member Posts: 15
    Options

hi everyone! I' be been on Lupron for 5 years and now the oncologist wants me to interrupt to see if I am in natural menopause. I am taking aromasin. Usually how many months go by until it's out of your system? She has asked me to do blood work in June to see my hormones levels. Thanks in advance for any information.