Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Zoom Meet-up for Those With MBC: Place to keep chatting

Comments

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,687

I have an exciting concert update for Monday’s zoom. Please remind me if I forget 😁

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,881

@illimae Can’t wait to hear.

• going2beatthis
    going2beatthis Member Posts: 175

Sorry I am going to miss it. Hope you had a great time!

• kbl
    edited May 22

Hi, everyone. I wanted to let you know Debbie D. put this on her Facebook today. Please keep her in your thoughts.

I wanted everyone to know that I have decided to stop my cancer treatment and am transitioning into hospice care. My liver is shutting down and I am too weak to continue treatment. I just wanted to thank everyone on here for all of your support and friendship throughout the years.

• going2beatthis

KBL - So sorry to hear that. 😥 Praying that she is not suffering. 🙏🙏 Thank you for letting us know.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,160

@kbl - I'm very sorry to hear this. Please pass our love along to her if you have the chance.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,430

@kbl, that's so sad news… We are sending her all our love and comfort during this difficult time. Thank you for letting us know.

The Mods

• kbl

@seeq, @going2beatthis, @moderators, I posted on her Facebook that everyone from the Zoom group is sending so much love.

• kbl

I’m sorry to say Debbie passed away this morning. Here is a message from her husband Dylan on Facebook.

This is Dylan (Debbie’s husband). It is with profound sadness that I am writing to inform everyone that Debbie passed away peacefully at home this morning. Please keep Debbie’s family in your thoughts and prayers as we navigate this difficult time.

• moderators

Thank you for letting us know, @kbl. We are so sad to hear this news. Debbie was a well-loved member of our group and we will miss her dearly. Sending hugs to you and all who knew Debbie and wishing peace for her family at this difficult time.

❤️

—The Mods

• Rosebessie
    Rosebessie Member Posts: 88

My prayers for Debbie O. 🙏🙏

• kbl

@Rosebessie Thank you, Rose. I’ll let her know. She is back home now and resting.

• kbl

For those who I told I would send my email to in the chat, I posted it wrong. I can repost it Monday. Sorry about that.

• Rosebessie

@kbl Hi Kris, I'm so happy yo hear Debbie O is back home. Best news this week. ❤🙏🤗

• kbl

@Rosebessie You are so sweet, Rose. 💕

• illimae

After a long day of chemo and flights, we made it to the hotel late last night. Travel highlight was definitely the capital one lounge in Denver with free lunch and drinks. My bff and I got buzzed and raided the grab n go food section, leaving with big bags of sandwiches, nuts, cookies, etc. It was like trick or treating on Halloween with giggling at the haul we made off with. Today is about local food, last minute errands and sneaking cocktails out to the hot tub.

• kbl
    edited June 8

@illimae I’m so happy you’ve made it safely to your destination and are having a great time already. Can’t wait to hear all about the show and how much fun you’re having.

• illimae

Back home now with a couple of sunburn spots and a blister on my toe but that’s a small price to pay, I had the best time! I got to meet the singer of one of my favorite bands, here’s a couple pics.

• going2beatthis
    edited June 11

@illimae - How cool!! Glad you had such a fantastic time. To quote Billy Crystal "You look mahvelous."

• moderators

WONDERFUL @illimae !! So awesome!

• kbl

@illimae So glad you had a great time, and I’m sure the time flew for you. Love the “Where’s Waldo” striped shirt that you told us about.

• Rosebessie

@illimae So glad you got to do this and have so much fun. 👏👏

• jlgarber
    jlgarber Member Posts: 4

Seriously? Nobody has had anything to say in this space since 2021?

• seeq
    edited June 14

@illimae - love the pics. I'm so glad you got to have a great bucket list trip with your bff!

@jlgarber ‐ we're here! you just must not have made it to the last page.

• kbl

@jlgarber Yes, we’re here.

• illimae

I have scans Monday, I might be able to pop in while I’m drinking my contrast, if not I’ll definitely see you all the next Monday. Feels like forever, especially since I’ve got a couple of funny stories about the rental car and the hotel with pay by the hour vibes.

• kbl

@illimae I’ll be thinking of you with your scans. I hope you can make it.

• Rosebessie

@illimae all the best for the scans but it'll be nice to see you👍🏻

• going2beatthis

@illimae Good luck Monday. 🫠

• seeq

Faye - I've been thinking of you. I hope you're high and dry where you are.