Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

"There is no component information for this result."

eviec1
eviec1 Member Posts: 80
edited June 2021 in Waiting for Test Results

I just got a message that I had a new test result in my patient portal. I had a lumpectomy with sentinel node removal yesterday, and this test result indicated that it was for the sentinel nodes. However, when I read it, it said, "There is no component information for this result." But at the bottom it also said "final result." Does anyone know what this means? I have sent a message to the surgeon of course, but a response sometimes takes a while and I am feeling very anxious, so thought I'd ask here in the meantime and see if this had happened to anyone else.

Thank you!

Comments

• salamandra
    salamandra Member Posts: 732

It sounds like a technical glitch, I really don't think there's a thing you can read into it.

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063

On my numerous regular labs that appear on the patient portal, there is one that always says this. I think there is some technical reason. It is not particularly sensitive information. Hopefully your doctor will call soon, but another thing to try is a medical records request on your patient portal, asking for the pathology report from your sentinel node biopsy. (As long as you are ok with having the report but waiting for a chance to discuss it with the doctor.)

• 2019whatayear
    2019whatayear Member Posts: 463

It could even mean that a test has to be sent out and the final result is they have no info for that portion because it was sent out. It def. sounds like some technical thing and not anything that is a diagnostic concern for you

• heklica
    heklica Member Posts: 1

Thanks for all the replies. Your words mean a lot and they bring some peace.

My mom called the clinic and they said it might take another week - The initial result is not ready yet and then on top of that radiologist has to give a final diagnosis. I guess another long week ahead.

• LivinLife
    LivinLife Member Posts: 301

Thinking about you..... Hang in there as best you can....