Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

You've got to see this AGT video, Stage iv Sisters!

Options
2»

Comments

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,028
    Options

An update to Nightbirde's story, one that will not come as a surprise to those of us here. I'm glad she got the recognition she did at the time. There’s a bit of false positivity tossed out in response to her statement, but it seems to come with the territory in our society where people gloss over harsh subject matter.

AGT' Singer Nightbirde Exits Competition Amid Ongoing Cancer Battle

By Kayla Blanton Aug 3, 2021.

Since Jane Marczewski, who performs under the stage name Nightbirde, won Simon Cowell's golden buzzer on Season 16 of America's Got Talent, she has continued moving the world with her voice and her story. Unfortunately, the 30-year-old will have to keep doing so out of the competition, as her ongoing cancer battle is forcing her to take a step back and focus on her health.

The singer-songwriter broke the news to fans in an August 2 Instagram post. "Sharing my heart with the world on AGT has been an honor and a dream come true," she wrote. "What a miracle that the pain I've walked through can be reworked into beauty that makes people all over the world open their eyes wider."

She continued: "Since my audition, my health has taken a turn for the worse and the fight with cancer is demanding all of my energy and attention. I am so sad to announce that I won't be able to continue forward on this season of AGT. Life doesn't always give breaks to those that deserve it—but we knew that already."

She concluded the post by thanking everyone for their continued support. "Stay with me," she added. "I'll be better soon. I'm planning my future, not my legacy. Pretty beat up, but I've still got dreams."

The comments filled with words of admiration and hope. "You already won as far as I am concerned !!!" one person wrote. "Praying for you, Jane. You are a warrior like the world has never seen," another added. "We're keeping you in our thoughts for a full recovery!" the show's official account commented.

AGT judge Heidi Klum made her own post to say goodbye, writing: "We will miss your energy, your passion, and your beautiful voice at the live shows. The entire #AGT family loves you and we're all rooting for you."

And so did judge Sofia Vergara. "Here's to planning for a bright future @_nightbirde," she wrote. "Your energy, your smile, and your amazing voice will be missed at the #agt live shows, but we're rooting for you and your big dreams!"

In her audition, for which she sang an original called "It's OK," Marczewski explained that she had a 2% chance for survival because her cancer had spread to her spine, lungs, and liver. "But 2% is not 0%," she said. "2% is something. And I wish people knew how amazing it is."

She also told the judges, "You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy … I'm so much more than the bad things that happen to me."

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

I am sorry for her. She's so very young & I wish she had gotten a longer period of stability to follow her dream.

That 2% though - 2% chance of surviving * how long* ? There is no surviving so it's got to be a time duration thing, right? Ugh cancer reporting in media frustrates me.

• olma61
    olma61 Member Posts: 1,016
    Options

Cancer sucks. Glad she went ahead and seized her opportunity to shine. Wishing her and her family peace and strengt

• lauriesh
    lauriesh Member Posts: 82
    Options

I have heard that 2-3 % are cured- that you get to Ned and remain long term Ned until you die of something else. My dr thinks I am in that group. I have been ned for 10 1/2 years and on no treatment for 6 1/2 years. I am 53. If I live another 20-30 years and die of something else, I would be considered cured of mbc.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

nightbirde has died

• juju-mar
    juju-mar Member Posts: 200
    Options

so sad..

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,028
    Options

Rest in peace

AGT' Star Jane 'Nightbirde' Marczewski Dead at 31 After Cancer Battle

2/21/2022

1:10 PM PT -- A family statement reads, in part, "Those who knew her enjoyed her larger-than-life personality and sense of humor. She had a witty joke for every occasion — even if the joke was on her. Her lasting legacy will be the gift of hope she communicated through music and the strength she found in Jesus."

'America's Got Talent' breakout star Jane 'Nightbirde' Marczewski has died after a battle with cancer ... TMZ has learned.

A source with direct knowledge tells us the phenom singer passed away Saturday after months of receiving treatment for the disease ... which had spread to her lungs, spine and liver.

Nightbirde withdrew from 'AGT' mid-season -- when she announced she'd be focusing on her health full-time. She had previously survived breast cancer after being diagnosed in 2017 ... but it eventually returned, coming back in a metastatic state.

She'd said doctors gave her a slim chance at survival -- just 2% -- and the remainder of her life had been given a small window in 2019 ... just 3-6 months. Incredibly, she beat those odds and was declared cancer-free the following year ... only to have it return in 2021.

All things considered, she lived much longer than health professionals ever thought -- fighting hard for survival, and ultimately ... winning over audiences on 'Got Talent' and beyond.

'AGT' judge Howie Mandel posted a touching note about Nightbirde, saying, "(she) was such a bright inspirational light in all our lives.we must continue to live and learn from her words and lyrics. As much as I feel horribly about her passing I feel lucky to to have met, heard and known her."

Her story captivated America -- during her initial outing, she sang an original song, "It's Okay," which absolutely blew the judges away ... making Cowell emotional and getting a standing ovation from the others, not to mention a rare golden buzzer from SC himself. Obviously, she got a green light to move on -- and made it to the quarterfinals. She may well have even won the whole competition ... if not for having to pull out.

Unfortunately, her 'AGT' run was cut short due to the cancer ... and she's been mostly out of the spotlight since -- doing a few interviews here and there, while also staying positive on social media and sharing her journey.

Sadly, Nightbirde was never officially signed to a label and doesn't have an album out -- but she does have some EP releases and singles under her belt from her early years in the music biz, when she was trying to break out into the mainstream out in Virginia.

She was just 31.

• olma61
    olma61 Member Posts: 1,016
    Options

so devastating to see someone so young taken by this disease…glad she did seize the moment when she could <3 Rest In Peace, beautiful lady.