Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

feeling helpless- worried about pagets

Options
13»

Comments

• Sushifan756
    Sushifan756 Member Posts: 34
    edited November 2021
    Options

hi kksmom! Thank you for being so understanding-anxiety is a beast. But I am glad your red spots have faded- that’s a really good sign. I wish I could tell myself the same - but when it’s your own body and mind- it’s so much harder.

My “Pagets symptoms” started in august and it comes and goes. Definitely responds to topical steroid cream. But the constant stinging/itchiness and pain in that area just don’t seem normal to me.

The surgeon just called-she said I thought we agreed to wait till you have skin issues again to biopsy-I explained that I cannot live in fear for 3 months (she wanted me to have a follow up appt to U/S the cyst and the nipple condition). She said she understands and will try to get me a punch biopsy next week. I feel crazy because it seems like she doesn’t want to do it. My husband is 100% supportive since he’s tired of seeing me this way.

I am ready for some answers- I can’t live everyday thinking that I might have Pagets. I have been living like that for 2 months. My anxiety didn’t cause my nipple to ooze or have itchiness and shooting pain- that’s all I know.