Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

scanxiety, cant stop thinking im going to die

Options
2»

Comments

• minarchist
    minarchist Member Posts: 33
    edited January 2022
    Options

aye aye captain!

• laughinggull
    laughinggull Member Posts: 511
    edited January 2022
    Options

So happy for you, minarchist !!!

• minarchist
    edited January 2022
    Options

thank you LaughingGull!

• minarchist
    edited January 2022
    Options

just a last follow up in case someone finds this thread one day and wants hopeful results, in the end the MRI turned up a multilocular simple cyst that was smaller than the cat scan found, no evidence of malignancy, no follow up recommended

• salamandra
    salamandra Member Posts: 736
    edited January 2022
    Options

Yay!!!

• SupportforAmy12
    SupportforAmy12 Member Posts: 14
    edited January 2022
    Options

minarchist, you have a ton on your plate! Anxiety is what brought so many of us here to threads like this. Cancer is a complete whirlwind. Something that's helped people I know with getting rid of anxious thoughts and emotions is doing something with your body that is in your current ability to do. It's easy to feel so disconnected from your body when going through cancer since it seems like the body is turning on itself!

Hang in there and control what you can control! Journaling has really helped me dealing with my mind going on and on about things in a spiraling whirlwind of emotions. That obviously isn't getting your body moving, but it at least gets your thoughts fully out and you can express all that you need. A journal will always be there to listen and be your sounding board! There's never judgment there. Here are a few journals I haven't used most of them but I'm sure there are some good ones. Experience with different things that fit your style and preference. Emotions can seem like impossible mountains to climb at times. Here's a good list of natural remedies for anxiety that may help. Not all are meant for everyone. If you can find ones that you enjoy, hang on to those and double down!

• 2019whatayear
    2019whatayear Member Posts: 464
    edited January 2022
    Options

Glad all is well. FWIW the CA 27/29 is not the marker they check for ovarian cancer. If you have ovarian cancer you may have an elevated CA-125, that's the test they run for that.

None of the tumor marker tests at this time are anything close to a sure thing, they are only a possible ticket to a scan --

• minarchist
    edited January 2022
    Options

thank you so much for the resources and advice. I have never really had anxiety in my life and I have no tools to deal with it lol

• lovelau
    lovelau Member Posts: 40
    edited February 2022
    Options

still have anxiety after 5 years

Anyone have good advice on a way to stop it. It is getting in the way of living my life. Want to stay at home in bed but I do not do that but walking around scared all the time does not serve me. I had a coach dr shani and I went to dbt and I go to psych and take meds but still very stressed. I’m in remission but maybe I don’t believe them. I think I do. I’m tired of feeling so miserable so much of the time. Looking for advice to help me calm down and live my life thanks anyone with similar problem solved it?

• minarchist
    edited February 2022
    Options

if you find any help with this let me know lol. I think it must just come with the territory, I dont understand how we could NOT be anxious

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,907
    edited February 2022
    Options

Dear Members,

Just a mention here that if you are dealing with unremitting anxiety and feeling unsuccessful in resolving it then please also feel free to private message us so we can brainstorm ideas with you. Everyone here has offered great suggestions and there is nothing better than sharing the wisdom of shared experiences, however, when anxiety seems to be greatly interfering with your life, let us know so we can do some resource finding along with you.

The Mods

• salamandra
    salamandra Member Posts: 736
    edited February 2022
    Options

From what I understand, CBT is a form of therapy with good evidence for treating anxiety.

When I had some issues that kept on going over and over and over again in my head, I found the book "Loving What Is" very helpful.

If you are taking meds and they aren't helping, or not helping enough, it's really important to talk with your psych about it. There are a lot of different options for psych meds so if a particular dose, drug, or class of drugs doesn't work for you, there are many others to try that might. But the doctor won't know what you don't tell them.

Anxiety sucks and it's a real thing, and it's important to be kind to yourself about it too. Good luck!