Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Swollen armpit, collarbone lymph node & neck lymph node

Options

Comments

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,085
    Options

JoJo - Hopefully this will be a "local recurrence" to the lymph node and not Mets. That's what mine was - local recurrence only. (as if Only weren't enough - but still....)

• jo-jo2018
    jo-jo2018 Member Posts: 139
    Options

Thanks MinusTwo, hoping for a local recurrence. Just weird I had no node involvement in my first diagnosis and almost 4 years later I have a malignant mass in my cervical node... Horrible disease, I'm so angry

• jo-jo2018
    Options

MRI guided core needle biopsy tomorrow to get a better tissue sample for lmmunostaining - whatever that is...

• laughinggull
    laughinggull Member Posts: 511
    Options

Hoping those nodes are playing goalie and hoarding all the cancer. As long as it doesnt go past those nodes. Fingers crossed for you.

• jo-jo2018
    Options

Thank you LaughingGul

• minustwo
    Options

JoJo - be sure to let us know.

• cowgal
    cowgal Member Posts: 625
    Options

Jo-Jo - Good luck with your biopsy today. As far as you thinking it was weird that you had no node involvement in your first diagnosis. I didn't either. When I had the mastectomy in 2010, they took out 6 nodes and none tested positive for cancer. My surgeon actually had my nodes tested twice because she thought they felt weird (spongy). I had radiation to my chest wall and did tamoxifen and then did aromatase inhibitors for about 5 years and I was definitely surprised in 2019 with cancer in a lymph node and that it spread it to my collarbone. So yeah...it happens. My node was just barely outside the area that was radiated in 2010. Hopefully, yours will be a local recurrence.

• armom4
    armom4 Member Posts: 82
    Options

In your pocket today Jo-Jo. Sending calming vibes.💓

• jo-jo2018
    Options

Hey! It went ok thanks, had a bit of a mini breakdown being back at the cancer clinic, I honestly thought I would have to go there again. When they gave me a new cancer card I had to fight the tears.

I took today off, haven't left my bed. Waiting for a half decent time so I can crack open some wine. Must be 5pm somewhere right? 😂

Thanks so much for checking in with me ladies, you are wonderful

• piperkay
    piperkay Member Posts: 132
    Options

Jo-Jo2018, so glad to hear you made it through ok! I hear you on the mini breakdown. I had one at the first post-diagnosis mammogram. Like a bit of PTSD. Sometimes the reality pokes through even the best optimistic shield.

Just relax and let it all out today. And enjoy that glass of wine - or 2. 🍷

• jo-jo2018
    Options

Thanks PiperKay, sorry you had a melt down too. It definitely is PTSD

• jo-jo2018
    Options

Update: Oncology panel is meeting today for my treatment plan. Doctor said surgery (radical neck dissection) is not an option as the tumor is intertwined with my jugular vein and goes all the way down into my armpit. I will need aggressive chemo followed by rads to try to shrink it, then hopefully they will be able to safely remove it. I am ER+(4) /PR+(2), HER2-

I am waiting for a bone scan on my collar bone to check for bone mets

• minustwo
    Options

Oh Jo-Jo, so sorry to hear this. Glad you have a good panel working on treatment options. Hope the rest of the tests go smoothly.

• cowgal
    Options

So sorry Jo-Jo. I hope your bone scan is clean.

• jo-jo2018
    Options

Thank you Minus Two and Cowgal

• lw422
    lw422 Member Posts: 1,399
    Options

Dang, I really hate that, Jo-Jo. Bless you; I know this is a bitter pill but hopefully the chemo will go well and do its job. Hoping that bone scan will be a non-event. My best to you.

• jo-jo2018
    Options

Thank you LW x

• 2019whatayear
    2019whatayear Member Posts: 468
    Options

hoping the bone scan is unremarkable and the chemo isn’t too rough

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    Options

Ugh! I hope chemo totally destroys your dumb tumor. ♥️

• laughinggull
    laughinggull Member Posts: 511
    Options

Hi Jo-Jo

Thanks for the update. Let’s blast that bastard. We are on your side!

Heart

• jo-jo2018
    Options

2019whatayear, ParakeetsRule & LaughingGull - Hugs to you all

• lillyishere
    lillyishere Member Posts: 770
    Options

Jo-jo, sending hugs. It seems like a good plan that has been done to my friend too and she is fee of cancer for few years now.

• jo-jo2018
    Options

That is good news, thank you for sharing that Lilly

• wondering44
    wondering44 Member Posts: 259
    Options

Jo-Jo,

Sending you warm thoughts and hugs.

I am sorry to see your results. It must be a tremendous challenge for you. I will keep positive thoughts for your bone scan. I hope to see you post positive results on it.

• jo-jo2018
    Options

PET scan scheduled for March 9th - OMG by the time I actually start treatment this freaking thing will be spread throughout my body. I'm so frustrated with everything!

• lillyishere
    lillyishere Member Posts: 770
    Options

Jo-jo, when I was first diagnosed, the time period between biopsy and surgery was almost 2 months. I was in panic that cancer would spread fast during these 2 months but MO I met, first opinion, second opinion told me that same thing that it doesn't grow this fast.

• armom4
    armom4 Member Posts: 82
    Options

That's like 3 weeks! Yeah, this would bother me too. Although it probably wouldn't spread everywhere, I would be super anxious about it. Breathe. 💓

• cowgal
    Options

Jo-Jo, I know it is scary and hopefully it hasn't spread anywhere besides the lymph nodes. I also know that there is "a little" relief when you know that you have at least started treatment so you feel like something is being done. I had to wait a little bit between diagnosis and starting my first treatment, which was chemo. Deep breaths and just take one day at a time.

• jo-jo2018
    Options

Thank you ladies. Today was a good day. There was a cancelation so I know have my bone scan this Thursday.i feel so much better. And I was given an appointment with an oncologist on March 2nd.

I feel so much better thats things are moving quicker. Yesterday was terrible, I was in so much pain and gagging on my own spit (TMI) because my throat is so constricted. I just want treatment to start and kill this awful thing.

• cowgal
    Options

Jo-Jo, I was just checking in to see if you had any results yet from your bone scan and how you were doing overall