Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

When it is no longer just fatigue and drug side effects

Options

Comments

• lillyishere
    lillyishere Member Posts: 770
    Options

SP, I hope you are doing ok and enjoying the garden. Does anyone know SP to let us know how she is doing?

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

ShetlandPony- You're on my mind. I hope you're enjoying some nice spring weather.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

I believe the last time we asked how ShetlandPony was doing, BevJen let us know. I may be wrong.

• BevJen
    BevJen Member Posts: 2,341
    Options

I've written to her outside of BCO -- she can't seem to get back in.

I will check in again and see how she is doing and let you all know.

• kbl
    Options

Thank you, BevJen. Much appreciated. I’m sure she appreciates knowing we’re all thinking about her

• BevJen
    Options

Folks: I got a message today from Shetland pony. Here's the content:

Health status stable -- underweight, weak, can't eat, tubes etc. but not in pain. I am currently off treatment because it was not working well enough (it may have helped intestines, and liver is clear, but I think stomach not better) and my oncologist thinks I am better off without it. I don't want to kill myself with treatment or ruin the time I have left for no good result. SO I have been taking one-day to three-day trips with loved ones to spend time together and enjoy nature. I use a wheelchair pushed by DH when I go places or go outside. At home people have been helping me by continue to realize my garden vision by doing the physical work for me. I still can't log onto BCO. I miss everyone. --ShetlandPony

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    Options

BevJen - Thanks for the update. Hope she has good weather for more trips and gardening.

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    Options

BevJen, Thank you for the update. It is good to hear that ShetlandPony has been able to visit family members and also supervise the tasks to update her garden. It is unfortunate that she is having so many issues with treatment. I hope that she is able to grow stronger and feel better over time

• lulubee
    lulubee Member Posts: 903
    Options

The moderators should fix this! Shetland is a senior member of this forum and it's not right that she can't get in, especially in her condition. She needs us and we need her.

• serendipity09
    serendipity09 Member Posts: 769
    Options

Thank you BevJen!

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 524
    Options

Thank you BevJen, for the update, I am sending love to Shetland ❤️ and it's wonderful people are helping her realize her dream garden.

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    Options

BevJen - If she’s up to it, can she (or a family member) email the mods at community@breastcancer.org? Hopefully they can figure out how to get her logged in.

• kbl
    Options

Thank you so much, BevJen. I’m sorry she’s struggling, and I hope she knows how much she’s cared for here

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,940
    Options

Thank you, BevJen, and I echo every word that lulubee wrote.

• seeq
    Options

Thanks for reaching out, BevJen. It's good that she knows we're thinking of her. I'm glad she has good support and is able to visit family. How nice that her friends are helping with her garden!

• kbl
    Options

I’ve reached out to the moderators. They had no idea ShetlandPony was having issues. They’re going to see if they can fix it for her.

• seeq
    Options

Thanks KBL and Mods!

• jo-jo2018
    jo-jo2018 Member Posts: 139
    Options

Breaks my heart to read this thread.

Sending love & strength to you dear SP ❤

• lillyishere
    Options

We are working on your virtual garden SP. Sending you love.

Boulevard Flower Gardens - Boulevard Flower Gardens

• tina2
    tina2 Member Posts: 757
    Options

Shetland,

I miss you, think about you, and hope the mods can help you log in pronto. BevJen has been great at keeping us posted.

Tina

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    Options

Shetlandpony..agree no way to live. But yet, you keep going, 7 years liver mets ILC.

I am on Effexor now with counseling. I cry, sleep a LOT. Netflix, Amazon prime, Acorn are my go to.

My two adult kids and 4 kgids come over a lot.

We are camping next week. Does not matter where I am as long as I have company and a bed/chair.

The Y90, SBRT or chemo is the culprit for my liver problems. I have portal hypertension with varices. I have ascites drained periodicaly. I wear maternity clothes until then. I take 2 diuretics and on low sodium diet. Seems to be working, haven't had a parencentesis in 6 weeks. I am on AA since January..scanning soon. Liver enzymes increasing, plus T bil.

Guess I will get out of bed..it is 1 pm. It is lonely at this stage. Just being honest.

Who knows, maybe we can turn this around.

S

• lillyishere
    Options

SP how are you doing?

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

hoping for an update from both Shetland Pony & sandibeach. how are you, friends?

• serendipity09
    serendipity09 Member Posts: 769
    Options

ShetlandPony and Sandibeach thinking of you both (and all the others who feel the same way). <3

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

bump

• lillyishere
    Options

BenJev, have you heard anything from SP?

• BevJen
    Options

I have not heard from her lately, and she didn't respond to my last email to her. She was trying to spend some time with loved ones, and I think she was off treatment.

• lillyishere
    Options

Thank you for letting us know Bevjen.

For SP:

7,426 Keukenhof Park Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock

• kbl
    Options

I am thinking of her. Thank you for letting us know, BevJen.

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 757
    Options

Thinking of Shetland and her family! BevJen, thanks for keeping us updated.