Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Colitis

Options
lehrski
lehrski Member Posts: 68

I've had a lot of diarrhea/stomach pain/cramping/nausea and i thought it was due to Verzenio. It's been getting worse so I had an appointment with a gastroenterologist. He did an endoscopy & colonoscopy and it turns out that it's a flare up of collagenous gastritis and colitis. I have inflammation from one end to the other. I have had colitis for several decades, but it's been somewhat under control. When I was diagnosed with stage 4, my gastroenterologist took me off immune-suppressing medication. Now, colitis medication will likely worsen the cancer and cancer medication will likely worsen the colitis. The gastroenterologist suggested that I live with the colitis as best as I can with symptom treatment. Frustrating.

Comments

• cowgal
    cowgal Member Posts: 625
    edited April 2022
    Options

Do you follow a gluten free diet?

• lehrski
    lehrski Member Posts: 68
    edited April 2022
    Options

Thanks Cowgal. I have been gluten free for about 15 years. My mother has Celiac disease, I have the genes for Celiac and collagenous colitis can be caused by gluten. I'm starting to get things under control. I eat out a lot with friends and it seems that I'm getting "glutened" doing that. I also seem to be intolerant of dairy. So cutting dairy and eating out less/being very careful seems to be helping.