Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Blood biopsy - nothing detected ?

Options
summerspring
summerspring Member Posts: 14

hi! Has anyone done the liquid (blood) biopsies through foundation one and had it come back with nothing? My body and bones show NED but 3 wks ago two BrainMets showed up. I was just wondering if that's happened to anyone else? Thanks!

Comments

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited February 2022
    Options

I don't understand what it means it found nothing? Do you mean no genomic alterations? Or no circulating tumor cells?

We have a genomic testing thread btw but I think most have done solid tumor tests, not as many liquid biopsies https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/...

Sorry about the brain mets :(

• summerspring
    edited February 2022
    Options

thanks for replying. No genomic alterations or circulating tumor cells. I will check out the thread, thank you!

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited February 2022
    Options

I thought of something driving home - I think the blood brain barrier would be the problem here. Just like it prevents many meds from getting to the brain, I wonder if the BBB is preventing tumor cells from getting into the bloodstream...? Just thinking out loud. I did read recently about some trials where they were trying to find ways of indentifying breast cancer pts at risk of brain mets and I think they needed CNS fluid, not blood.

• summerspring
    edited February 2022
    Options

that’s a really good point!!!