Treatment “grey area”
Hi everyone. I'm confused about a treatment meeting with my MO today and am curious about similar experiences. At the appointment we went over my Oncotype report, and apparently my scores put me in the grey zone for treatment options. So for reference, I'm 49 and premenopausal. My Oncotype score was 17 but it showed no benefit to chemo. My 9 year recurrence risk is 15%, assuming endocrine therapy. My MO called this “not great" but could be worse. She also said that other doctors could easily make a case for pushing forward with chemo, but she feels that chemo isn't worth the potential SE since there is no clear benefit to survival. So the plan as of now is start on Lupron while I wait for a surgical consult for an oopherectomy, then Femara and radiation.
Has anyone had an intermediate Oncotype score that didn't recommend chemo but chose chemo anyway? If so, what were some of the deciding factors? Also, I'm not thinking about a second opinion right now but what about a tumor board review? Has anyone requested that? Thank you so much for reading this and being willing to share!