Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Arimidex - bone pain/recurrence

Options

I've been on Arimidex for almost two months. Prior to this, I had a "normal" bone density test for my age (37). For those currently on Arimidex - when did bone pain start? Does it ever subside? Am I the the only one who fears recurrence even though my last radiation treatment is tomorrow? Am I being too paranoid about recurrence due to bone pain? Or is it just the beginnings of arthritis? I see many on here with similar histories, and unfortunately see people with recurrences long after treatment for a hormone-driven cancer. 😕

Comments

• meow13
    meow13 Member Posts: 1,363
    edited February 2022
    Options

You could switch to maybe exmestane or letrozole. I had pain and I tried to tough it out it got so bad one morning I couldn't get out of bed. I was only 53 and a very active person my doctor yelled at me for letting the pain get that bad.

• ssb110
    ssb110 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2022
    Options

I had bone and muscle pain within a day of starting arimidex. It never went away. Had to stop it for a different complication. Now on Letrazole and pain is just as bad.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,918
    edited June 2022
    Options

Welcome, ssb110, we're so sorry to hear of your experience. We know that can be so incredibly hard to deal with. There's a fairly active thread on Femara/Letrozole where people share their experiences and offer support that you might find helpful: https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/78/topics...

The Mods