Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Switching between chemo and hormonals - is this possible?

Options
MSLB
MSLB Member Posts: 7

Hi everyone, would greatly appreciate some advice and thank you for listening and all your expertise. I visit every day, but don’t really post. I’m currently on abraxane, (about to start my 5th cycle)due to go a couple more cycles. I’m wondering if it is possible to be put back on hormonals after this finishes? I have only done Kisqali/letrozole which looked after me for a long time before things got away last year (it’s a long story, my choice not to do too many tests....) The stupid cancer has made its way into my bones and liver. I’ve had a very good response to the chemo my doctor says, with a massive drop in TMs and my liver function is now normal. He’s considering the next options which he said may include hormonals or oral chemo. Just wondering how possible that is or is it likely I’ll be moving from IV chemo to chemo? Any thoughts or experiences would be much welcome

Comments

• MSLB
    Options

sorry, I should add I was first diagnosed in Oct 2016 with a few tiny lung mets - Er+/PR+/HER

• MSLB
    Options

HER-

So I’m on my second line of treatment.

Thanks everyone

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875
    Options

Hi mslb. My MO likes to go back and forth between chemo and endocrine treatments. I started on Taxol in the hopes it would get my pleural effusion under control. Then on to Arimidex/Ibrance. I couldn’t tolerate Ibrance and then Arimidex failed, moved to Xeloda. Then back to Faslodex, adding in Verzenio. At this point he feels I am endocrine resistant but we may still try treatments down the road (I am pushing for a biopsy once I have liver Mets that are large enough). I believe the theory is that it can avoid developing resistance longer.

• MSLB
    Options

Thanks so much for your reply sadiesservant - that gives me hope and some good information for my appointment with the MO tomorrow. I always find your posts very knowledgeable and you are generous with your time. It is much appr

• MSLB
    Options

apprec