Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Arimidex and developing a cough

Options

Has anyone developed a nagging cough after taking Arimidex for a couple of months?

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,958
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hi abigails1, and welcome to breatcancer.org! It seems that coughing is not one of the most common side effects of Arimidex, but sore throat is, as you can read in the article Arimidex from our main site. Hope other members come along soon to share their personal experiences with this drug and side effects.

Please let us know if you need any help at all while you navigate the boards. We look forward to hearing more from you soon!
    The Mods

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    edited March 2022
    Options

Are you also on linisopril for BP? Cough is a known se from that.

• abigails1
    abigails1 Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2022
    Options

After further testing it appears that my cough is due to radiation. Next stop is to see a pulmonologist. Do these doctor appointments ever end? I'm discouraged.

• sarahmaude
    sarahmaude Member Posts: 336
    edited March 2022
    Options

Abigails, I just wanted to answer your last question.

But first wanted to share my experience. I’m a new anastrozole user and immediately developed a sore throat. Like, I took it at 9pm amped woke up in the middle of the night with a dry scratchy throat. I treated it with cough drops and tea with honey. Well, 3 days later, my sore throat turned into a cold. Dang, it’s a cold. But, also, hooray, it’s a cold! That means I don’t have to expect 5 or 7 or 10 years of a sore throat.

As far as will the doctor appointments ever stop, I can say that as a daughter who has lost both parents to terminal illnesses, when the doctor appointments stop, and health continues declining, that means hope for improvement also stops. I’m certainly no Pollyanna, but have decided that as long as I’m getting chances to improve with treatment and diagnosis, then I’m going to have hope that the next appointment will provide me with options to help me improve.

I hope the pulmonologist has some ideas and treatment that will alleviate your cough. I hope he will be able to let you know that your symptoms will resolve. And at the very least, I hope he helps solve your questions.