Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Biopsy for Architectural Distortion

lyssa615
lyssa615 Member Posts: 1
edited April 2022 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Hi everyone, I am sick to my stomach right now as I just had a screening mammogram and ultrasound and the radiologist scheduled me for a biopsy due to an "architectural distortion". From what I have read online so far, this is not good. The radiologist said it was seen on mammogram but could not be seen on ultrasound. I had a biopsy last year, same breast in close vicinity to where this "distortion is". That biopsy came back benign.

Has anyone ever had "architechtural distortion" that turned out benign?

Comments

• cugymgirl
    cugymgirl Member Posts: 25
    edited March 2022

I have not had this, but I researched it because the tech thought I did at one point (she used the phrase architectural distortion, but it was actually focal asymmetry)..so I researched while I was waiting for my testing. There are a lot of cases where it can be benign! I would think it is a good sign that there is no ultrasound correlate! Good luck!

• cathy67
    cathy67 Member Posts: 411
    edited April 2022

Lyssa,

I was ordered biopsy yesterday, but have not got the report yet, not sure the reason, but I guess something similar, cause it is an area.

Which category you got? 4a, 4b or 4c? I will get my mine on April 22, no way to get earlier appt with family doctor.

Cathy