Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Exemestane and depression

Options
kringle12
kringle12 Member Posts: 14

Hi,

I was recently switched from letrozole to exemestane, about a week and half ago. I was on letrozole for 2 years and due to bone pain that doesn’t seem to be letting up, she’s trying me on exemestane. So far a feel a slight relief of bone pain, but am now experiencing heavy depression and crappy moods since starting the exemestane. If this is the side effect I’m going to experience with this med, I’d much rather deal with bone pain. It’s awful and I can’t take it. I deal with chronic anxiety but this is more of a depression, and feels very different than the anxiety

Had anyone experienced this? Does it level out and get better? I’m about to call the Dr Monday to switch back.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• elainetherese
    elainetherese Member Posts: 1,627
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hi!

I definitely experienced mood swings when I started Aromasin. However, after my MO prescribed a low dose of Celexa, they disappeared.

• lillyishere
    lillyishere Member Posts: 770
    edited March 2022
    Options

kringle1, I am only on day 7 of exemestane and I feel much better than letrozole. I usually feel sad when I'm tired and an extra cup of coffee has helped a lot :). I was miserable in letrozole, mind and body.