Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

"Pulling" tissue in mammogram

Options
peverson
peverson Member Posts: 4
edited April 2022 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

My sister-in-law had "signs of pulling" on her most recent mammogram. What does that mean? She has been called in for a biopsy.

Thank you.

Comments

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    edited April 2022
    Options

I don't know the specific medical explanation but one thing breast tumors can do is pull tissue inwards. That's why one symptom of cancer is a dimple on the outside of the breast: an area where it looks like something is pulling the skin in. I had that. So they are probably doing to the biopsy to see if what's causing the pulling is cancer.

• cowgirl13
    cowgirl13 Member Posts: 774
    edited April 2022
    Options

I also had the pulling. Didn't think anything about it until I had my mammogram and it was caught.

• lajumelle
    lajumelle Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2022
    Options

Pulling is what first alerted me, and once I had it checked, I was sent to get a mammogram as well as a MRI. Nothing showed up on the mammogram, but a 2cm shadowy mass was found on the MRI.

Having a biopsy next week to see what's going on.

• lajumelle
    lajumelle Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2022
    Options

CORRECTION from previous post.

Ultrasound showed the 2cm mass, not MRI.

apologies

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,918
    edited April 2022
    Options

Thinking of you and wishing you both good luck with biopsy!

lajumelle, welcome to Breascancer.org. It is good that you are getting your concerns checked, but please remember that the vast majority of breast changes turn out to be benign. The article What Mammograms Show: Cysts, Calcifications, Fibroadenomas from our main site may help ease yout mind until you get your results. Please let us know how it goes!

The Mods