Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Swollen glands - Ibrance -Letrozole

ddil
ddil Member Posts: 92

hi

It's my week off of Ibrance can't turn my head, swallow without pain my jaw also hurts.99.7 temp , chills. Is this a side effect? Anyone have this?

Comments

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,569

No - sounds like it could be a different illness though that you may have picked up with low counts. Requisite comment: have you done a Covid test? You will need to let your MO know you arent feeling great too so they can decide if they want you to hold a week before resuming.

• ddil

sondraf

Thank you for the response. I went to ER just to be safe as deep breaths caused discomfort. They checked COVID, strep, flu all negative. They did a d-dimer for blood clots and it was very elevated so did a dye chest CT, it was clear and my auxiliary lymph shrunk that’s good to know. So they think it’s just a bug of sorts.

But now I want to know why the d-dimer is high. I have onc appt tomorrow. We’ll see what he says.

• ddil

sondraf

Thank you for the response. I went to ER just to be safe as deep breaths caused discomfort. They checked COVID, strep, flu all negative. They did a d-dimer for blood clots and it was very elevated so did a dye chest CT, it was clear and my auxiliary lymph shrunk that’s good to know. So they think it’s just a bug of sorts.

But now I want to know why the d-dimer is high. I have onc appt tomorrow. We’ll see what he says.

• ddil

hi SondraF I saw you are similar to me but ductal we’re you DeNovo and they still did surgery?

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,569

I was de novo - I had surgery for local control - primary and axillary node started to regrow after about 18 months on palbo. At that scan nothing else was growing so they thought it was just a local matter and after surgery I could stay on palbo. Scan after surgery showed L4 growth so we agreed to drug change because something was clearly going on and it was better to get ahead of it. Im also BRCA1+ so that was also taken into consideration. I think if the L4 or anywhere else was growing at the same time as the local event Im not sure they would have operated. And surgery was absolutely not on the table at diagnosis or after I switched oncologists - it was only warranted for local control.

Glad to see its not covid or anything else! Sometimes it really is just a passing thing or your body adjusting or something else odd. If there is an issue with the d dimer numbers then hopefully it was caught early!