Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Anyone with Rib mets get pain in back - What do you do?

Options
ddil
ddil Member Posts: 92

Hi,

I have bone mets and noticed recently the right side in the back and front hurt - like it gets fatigues and then hurts, if I rest with a heating pad its better, but hurts if I am doing things. Does anyone experience and how do you manage it? It can be limiting.

Comments

• terri-c
    terri-c Member Posts: 65
    edited April 2022
    Options

Bone pain is very common with bone mets. I have mets in both my spine and ribs, so I have bone pain daily. In the beginning I took motrin for it, but this far along, I have just learned to live with it.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hi ddil, I'm sorry you're experiencing pain from your bone met.

I just wanted to make sure you're aware we have a bone mets thread - your question might get more answers if you post there https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/...

I think definitely let your team know how this is affecting you. You may be able to get radiation for those mets - radiation for bone pain often reduces pain considerably.

best wishes

• ddil
    edited April 2022
    Options

thanks Moth

I’ll look on that thread. Mine seems more weather related damp rainy days it bothers me more.

I’ll pop over to the bone met threa

• ddil
    edited April 2022
    Options

thanks Terric

I think I’ll do the same it comes and goes with the weather. I know I have arthritis some too so it’s hard to distinguish why it’s sore. Thank Yo