Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Wbc dropping

Options
ladyc2020
ladyc2020 Member Posts: 87

I had lab work done yesterday and saw the PA at my MO’s office. Next appointment she said I should see the MO.

But I’m a little concerned. Having memory issues, extreme fatigue, even confusion- forgetting what day it is and a few other things like that. And not just the oh what day is it? But genuine confusion and bewilderment. Forgetting to take my kid to school. Forgetting to pick up my kid. It’s really bad.

My wbc keeps dropping.
Started 6.4 then 5.7, 4.5 and now at 3.6

calcium has crept up and now at 10.0

alk/phos also gone up a bit is now 99

I don’t know if these all all side effects from the meds. I think I may call to speak to my MO next week. I’m just concerned. PA ordered a brain MRI. I don’t have any headaches or dizziness or anything like that.

could all this be side effects from OS and AI?

Comments

• WC3
    WC3 Member Posts: 658
    edited April 2022
    Options

ladyc2020:

Are you currently on Tamoxifen? It caused me some cognitive issues.

• rah2464
    rah2464 Member Posts: 1,192
    edited April 2022
    Options

I have had my WBC counts dip before and recover. However, mine were more of a blip after a surgical procedure rather than a trend line. Your calcium is definitely high and could be causing you many of these issues. There is a thread on BCO regarding high calcium levels and parathyroid disease. You should definitely be having a conversation with your MO with a possible referral to an endocrinologist. Keep speaking up - sometimes you have to push to get answers when you know you aren't feeling well.

• ladyc2020
    edited April 2022
    Options

I’m on letrozole and eligard, and have been for about 13 months.

Yes, I think I’ll call Monday- I was given referral to a neurologist and the brain mri, but after doing a little research I am wondering about parathyroid.

Thank you

• ladyc2020
    edited April 2022
    Options

my MO thinks it’s all side effects from the AI. And I’m stopping letrozole for 2 weeks to see how it goes. Not sure what after that. But will see how my cognitive state is. MO said it can take more than 2 weeks to get out of my system but I should notice a difference. He also said the lab work is still within range and insurance won’t pay for parathyroid test if labs are in range.