Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Waiting game

So about 10 days ago out of nowhere, my right ribs became painful when I was sleeping. The pain goes and comes back. At first I considered it as muscle pain. When it didn't get better, I called the nurse at the cancer center, and she said to stop yoga and it most probably is muscle pain and I did. But the pain didn't go away. Last night I was taking out clothes from the dryer when the pain got so bad that I needed to call my husband to help me to the couch. Today I went to a walk in clinic and the dr ordered scans. And that is how the waiting game begins...

Comments

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534

Are you waiting on results at the clinic or are you home?

I hope you get results soon and that it’s not serious. Hope the pain subsides.

🤞

• aram
    aram Member Posts: 320

Thanks serenitystat. I came home as the radiologist to interpret the results won't be in till Tuesday or Wednesday

• harley07
    harley07 Member Posts: 357

@Aram - I’m so sorry that you going through this. I’ll be thinking of you. If you feel,up to it, please come back to update us. (((Hugs)))

• piperkay
    piperkay Member Posts: 132

Funny you should mention yoga. I had a similar situation last summer and fall where I had increasing pain in my shoulder, armpit, and chest area that I had never experienced before and that seemed to be aggravated when I exerted myself. During the early part of this adventure I was doing yoga (which I first took up during the pandemic lockdown), which I then stopped because it was just too painful. Finally had it all checked out with an x-ray ordered by my MO which showed nothing at all. Soon thereafter the pain disappeared, and I realized that it had probably been the yoga that did the damage. But because I really like its benefits, I slowly began to do yoga again being extremely careful not to overtax that shoulder area, and so far so good. I hope that your experience proves to be as benign as mine was despite how scary it feels now.

• cathy67
    cathy67 Member Posts: 411

Aram,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same stress as me.

Around 40 days ago, right before my routine appt with MO, I checked my two breasts to see any concern I shall report, I found a tiny lump on my surgery side (but different place), I reported to MO and he ordered ultrasound together with mammogram. Checkup was scheduled last Monday, mammogram back clear, however ultrasound back biopsy, the lump is fine, but they found a suspicious area very close to the lump. They did not repeat ultrasound scan, and nor scan the armpit, I was astonished to get biopsy appt. I called my family doctor, will get ultrasound report this Friday, I was very scared, not sure which category it will be, I pray it is a 4a. Till now, I still did not find any abnormality in that area.

Lets pray together for the benign result.

• aram

Thank you Harley and Piper. The tests were good so hopefully it is just muscle pain.

Cathy, I am sorry you are going through this too. Did you get the results?

• cathy67

aram, so your doctor interpreted the scan result with you? It is so good, enjoy your weekend.

I just talked with my family doctor about ultrasound report, the suspicion is 5×4×5mm, will have biopsy on May 4.

• 1982m
    1982m Member Posts: 224

Aram, so glad to hear it wasn’t a recurrence. Cathy67, I’m sorry your going through the dreaded waiting game now too. Big cyber hugs!

• cathy67

1982m,

Thanks, I will see my biopsy report on May 13, waiting game.

• aram

Cathy, such a long wait. I hope you can do some fun things to pass time.

I didn't see my doctor. But I had my Herceptin (kanjinti) infusion and the nurse checked the results for me on my portal.

1982M, thank you. It was scary...

• aram

hi cathy67, you have been in my mind. Did you get your results back?

• cathy67

Not yet, shall be in 2 days, long waiting. Thanks.

• cathy67

aram,

Just found you are in Montreal, the walk in clinic offers private service? Here in bc, the scan service has long long waiting line. I got my diagnostic mammogram/ultrasound after 35 days, then biopsy after 22 days, then result after 10 days. Already 60 days passed.

• cathy67

aram, I just got, it is normal. So long waiting game.

Cathy

• aram

Cathy, I am so happy. The waiting time socks. Now time to go and have a weekend!

Yes, in Quebec we can do private tests. I was surprised when I heard other provinces are not like that. I did my ultrasound in a private clinic, otherwise the earliest appointment for me was in June...

• cathy67

aram,

Someone just told me a place who offers private ultrasound/mammogram, I contacted them but they said they need my historic images for comparison, how did you make that?

Cathy

• aram

In Quebec the test centers are required to give you your results and images if you ask. They burn the images on a CD. Do you still need more tests? I thought it was clear. ..

• cathy67

aram,

Yes, it is clear now. Just in case I need it in the future. Here I think it is the same.

Thanks.