Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

INSANE Itchy skin-rash-I need relief

dancingdiva
dancingdiva Member Posts: 317

my rash started on Ibrance. I stopped Ibrance now and thought it would go away but it’s not. It started on my upper back and left arm. Stopped there and when to right arm. Stopped there and now it’s on my neck and upper chest. It’s the worst here. So itchy I look like I had radiation. I need to scratch!! I’ve tried cortisone, eucresia, urea creams, antihistamines. I don’t even know what is causing this. Anyone else hve this issue?

DD

Comments

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited April 2022

There are many different types of rashes. I've had a few on Ibrance. At this point with it spreading so much you need prescription ointment. My MO called for an immediate dermatology consult when he saw my rash. In the meantime ice packs helped a little.

• nowaldron
    nowaldron Member Posts: 40
    edited April 2022

Hi Dancing,

I have been itching and scratching for six years! They put me on Gabapentin and gave me a steroid cream which helped a bit. Finally, just this week I asked my onco if I could take a steroid when I get infusion (every three weeks). She agreed and they gave me Decadron just this past Monday and so far, I have no new itching. The rash is not only uncomfortable to the 9th degree, but leaves these unsightly little, itchy scabs. It actually woke me up twice in the past month. I did some research and found a couple of journal articles that recommended the Decadron.

Good luck!

Nancy