Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Solid Lung Nodules

Options
nowaldron
nowaldron Member Posts: 40

Hi Ladies,

I hope you are all doing well. It's been a long time since I've posted anything so I hope you forgive my absence.

At my catscan in October they found several small 2-3 mm lung nodules. My oncologist said not to worry as they were most likely nothing. I had my next 6-month scan just last week and they found multiple new nodules measuring up to 4 mm. My onc is going to rescan my lungs in three months. Has anyone else had lung nodules and, if so, what was the outcome? Do you think waiting three months is a good strategy?

Thanks so much - be well!

Nancy

Comments

• mswife
    mswife Member Posts: 66
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hard to not be worried, but incidental sub-centimetre (< 1cm) lung nodules are super common in the general population. Good chance they would find something like this in people, especially as they get older, with or without a history of cancer. Fortunately, mos end up being nothing. Hope this helps!

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I have one. No idea what it is. It didn't change even after my treatment reduced all the other mets but it's too small to biopsy to find out if it's cancer or not. So we just keep an eye on it. Three months is a normal scan interval!
  • elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,058
    edited June 2022
    Options

nowaldron: are you still getting a scan? Will that be in July? Do you feel like something is going on in your lungs?

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    edited June 2022
    Options

I just found out I have a lung met....is there treatment for this if so is it radiation???

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    edited June 2022
    Options
    You may want to ask this in the "mets to lung" topic and read through older posts.
  • nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    edited June 2022
    Options

I didn't see that thread...

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,756
    edited June 2022
    Options