Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lung Nodule 14 Years Later - Baffled and Concerned

Hello All,

It's been a while since I've been on these boards but I knew immediately where I needed to go for input. I was diagnosed 14 years ago with a 1 cm IDC, no nodes grade 3 tumor. I had surgery, chemo, radiation and tamoxifen. My baseline scans showed a few incidentals but one was a 1 cm (from what I recall) lung nodule that was not of concern. Fast forward to the present and I go in for a calcium score scan for my heart and the report came back showing a spiculated nodule of 19mm in lower left lobe. The recommendation is to follow up with a PET/CT to rule out a slow growing malignancy. Could this same nodule be breast cancer after 14 years with less than doubling in size all that time? The doctor is giving me the option to go straight to biopsy vs. doing the PET. What would you do?

Comments

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited May 2022

sorry you're dealing with this. Nodules come and go so - this might not even be in the same location as the previous nodule. FWIW, I'd choose biopsy if they can get at it easily.

• slksunlove
    slksunlove Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2022

Thanks for such a quick reply Moth. The report did say that the radiologist compared this scan to the original and so he apparently thinks he or she is looking at the same thing. My original inclination was to go straight to biopsy. I so appreciate the feedback!