Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Possible bone Mets collarbone

Options

Hi all - I was originally diagnosed in 2010 with stage 1 IDC. Had lumpectomy, radiation, and tamoxifen. All was well then a few weeks ago this pimple-like growth appeared on my collarbone. I wasn’t really worried until this weekend when I noticed an area the size of a half dollar was swollen and the collarbone itself seems much larger than the other side. Saw the oncology NP today. She’s pretty confident that it’s not a lymph node but she consulted with the oncologist and now I have to have a bone scan. She wasn’t at all concerned about the little skin thing but the collarbone itself is definitely larger than it was (a lot larger than the other side). It doesn’t hurt at all. I’m trying to be optimistic but I’m worried. They got me scheduled quickly for the bone scan (this Saturday). I would appreciate any words of wisdom

Comments

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Waiting is the worst! Avoid Dr. Google and try to distract yourself this week and do some fun things.
  • susielen
    susielen Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2022
    Options

thanks! I’m resisting googling but barely

• cowgal
    cowgal Member Posts: 625
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hope that the bone scan comes back clean! When will you know?

• malebreastc
    malebreastc Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2022
    Options

I had something similar on my collar bone which turned out to be sebaceous cyst nothing related to cancer and nothing to be done.. hope you have good news