Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Local Recurrence, high platelets, what does it mean

Options

Hi Everyone,

I really should be working but I'm waiting to hear from Dr.... So after reading some posts and feeling less alone, I thought I would reach out to see if anyone had any thoughts: I am almost 5 years out from initial dx- Lft Breast, IDC stage 1B HER2+, ER+ super weak, and PR-, micromastetic in sentinel node only. Lumpectomy, node removed, Radiation, TCH, no tamox as the ER+ was so weak.

Three months ago- Lft Brst AGAIN 160 mm DCIS, 1.5 cm IDC and lots of tiny foci of varying sizes. again Her2+ (fiSH +2.20) ER+ 10-20% and PR+91-10%). NO lymph node involvement, PT/CT were clear and MRI right breast was Bi-rads 1, but the DCIS tumor was close to chest wall and the IDC was Her2 + so... I had a mastectomy. Now I am on chemo/targeted therapy for at least 6 months.

I am headed for my second treatment tomorrow. I just saw my labs from blood draw and my platelets were 430. I read that high platelets can be an indicator of cancer (ovarian, lung, colon breast...) so I'm waiting to hear from the doctor to ask the Dr. what this means.

I feel like it's really hard to get any information at all on local recurrence. I would love to hear if anyone has any experience with high platelet counts. And thank you so much for all your posts, they really do make me feel less alone..

Comments

• dres123
    dres123 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2022
    Options

My wife has had fluctuating platelets--our oncologist says it could be many things, including the body's reaction to medicine. If I'm not mistaken, 450 is the upper end of "normal" platelets, at least that's ther ange for my wife. It's hard not to worry, but hopefully it's nothing. Please keep us posted.

• vale10
    vale10 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2022
    Options

Thank you dres123 this info makes me feel much better!