Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

DCIS and HRT also BRCA2+

Options
a_nic_
a_nic_ Member Posts: 13

Hey group, it’s been awhile since I’ve posted. I was diagnosed with DCIS, intermittent, back in October, at 41 years old. Found out I was BRCA2+ in November. Had a prophylactic oophorectomy (all clear) and lumpectomy (clear margins) in November then a double mastectomy in January (all clear tissue). I was thrown into immediate surgical menopause and I’m absolutely miserable!! Have been since December or so. At my 6 month check up with my oncologist just this week, she recommended I be put on a low dose hormone. According to her, the health risks of early menopause for someone at my age, should be considered before saying an immediate no to hrt. She said with having just DCIS it would be safe. The BRCA2+ was shocking because as far as I know, I’m the first to be diagnosed with BC so I can’t say I have a strong family history. Has anyone here been told the same or have experience with it