Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I think I have IBC - talk to me please

chloe332
chloe332 Member Posts: 3
edited June 2022 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

My breast journey started in February. I am only 21, and I do not do regular breast exams. In late February, I found a big lump in my breast. I freaked out and got a doctor's appointment for the next day. She said she believed it was a fibroadenoma but ordered an ultrasound to be sure. After this, I started checking my breasts like crazy. I noticed that I had a red rash on the same breast that I found the lump in. I told myself to not worry until the ultrasound. I had the ultrasound and it was a BIRADs 4 so I had to get a core needle biopsy. I got that done and the results came back as a fibroadenoma which is great, but I am still worried because of some breast changes. Firstly, the red rash never went away. It got a lot lighter but sort of spread out?? It DOES blanch with pressure, but I am not sure if IBC rashes do this or not? It doesn't really look like a rash anymore, but just like an area of a very slight pink (my partner says they do not even really see it). Another worrisome symptom that I noticed after my biopsy is that my nipple has a weird redness surrounding it. It sort of looks like there is a red ring around my nipple. It isn't inverted, but it just has that redness around it which is freaking me out. I'm thinking that it may have been from the biopsy because the fibroadenoma is right under my nipple but I do not know if it could cause that because it has been 3 months after my biopsy and the red ring is still there. I went to 2 other doctors who say they are not worried (one of them said they did not even see my pink spot), but aren't giving me any explanation for my symptoms. I am so terrified that I am crying at least 3 times a day, called out of work multiple times, and just cannot get IBC out of my head. I really just need someone to talk to.

Comments

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,934

How many doctors telling you it's nothing will it take for you to believe it's nothing?

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,690

I am sorry that you are so anxious and stressed even after being told you do not have breast cancer. You definitely need someone to talk to to help you overcome your anxiety. Have you considered seeing a therapist? Many people find this very helpful. We have a lot of personal experience with breast cancer here but we are not therapists. Find yourself a good therapist and don’t borrow trouble!

• tb90
    tb90 Member Posts: 279

Chloe332: BCO is not a good place to come to if you have health anxiety in the absence of a BC diagnosis. Severe health anxiety is an illness of its own and is not unusual at your age. Reassurance does not typically put your fears at rest so in reality, there is not much anyone here can do to support you. But being ridiculed or criticized is even less helpful. Please discuss your health anxiety with a professional. It can be treated and you can find peace with accepting typical changes and responses from your body. All the best in your healing.

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534

chloe332 - As you stated, you really need someone to talk to, but this is not the place for you given you've been told many times it's not breast cancer. I don't see that you've been ridiculed or criticized. You got the straight talk that we cancer patients appreciate. Hope you get the professional help you need.

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,934

Nobody ridiculed or criticized chloe332, that's just ridiculous and insulting to people who were trying to offer help.

• tb90

Do not assume that you speak for all cancer patients. You certainly do not speak for me. And ensure that this straight talk is welcomed by yourself on other forums as well.

I fear that many comments may be perceived by newbies as harsh and critical and there is a clear pattern and history of exactly that on BCO. I have a different method of responding and perhaps that could be received as another form of straight talk.

From this point forward, I will only communicate directly with the OP to avoid how threads become a distraction for others’ agendas.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,690

While it is true that we have different ways of addressing those who are worried (I’m a straight talk fan myself), the reality is that we are not therapists/counselors. After being told several times that one does not have bc yet still having the fear interfere with daily functioning, health anxiety may be the issue. No ridicule or criticism in suggesting that someone seek another venue for dealing with their anxiety.

• chloe332

Thanks everyone for the responses. I know I sound a bit crazy, but I’m truly worried. I know that it is really hard to diagnose IBC and I feel like my doctors aren’t taking me seriously. I hope they will let me have a skin biopsy to rule it out over that pink patch or the redness around my nipple.

• tb90

Chloe, you did not appear to hear anything that has been said. That is because your issue is most likely anxiety and not IBC. You will only seek and accept info that supports your anxiety. Please talk openly and honestly about this with your primary physician. And if you insist on researching all the indicators suggesting it’s IBC, please also list all the strong indicators screaming it is not. IBC tends to progress rapidly and is not subtle in its presentation. I know how health anxiety can be so overwhelming and take over all your thoughts and emotions. Please seek relief through treatment and support.

• chloe332

You are very right it is probably just my anxiety. Sometimes I can convince myself I’m okay and then it all comes crashing down again when I look in the mirror. I will definitely look into getting a therapist. I hope that helps as this is taking over my daily life. Thank you so much for talking with me. I wish you nothing but the best and will be thinking of you <

• wisemom
    wisemom Member Posts: 2

hi

I have a round looking bruise on my right breast and have had us and mammogram and they were normal. I understand completely how scared we all can be. I see de tomorrow to see what is next. I know the only way I will be ok is to have a biops