Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I cant wait until the Oncologist contacts me

Options
scatteredenergy
scatteredenergy Member Posts: 320

I had a bone scan today because my tumor markers have been increasing and this is what the report says. Do you know what it could mean? Am i understanding it correctly? Has my cancer gone to the bones? TIA

Comments

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,003
    edited June 2022
    Options

Scatteredenergy, I wouldn’t want to take any guesses what your scan report means. I just wanted to ask when you expect to hear from your onc? Tomorrow? If you don’t know form sure when you’ll be contacted, I would definitely call the onc’s office early and let them know you’re waiting to hear from her/him to go over the scan results. It is always okay to advocate for yourself to get the answers you seek. I wish you the very best.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 660
    edited June 2022
    Options

Looks to me as though it was a subtle change at the area of the 9th rib but not diagnostic. Needs a follow up , guessing your MO will correlate clinically and make a decision. Either additional imaging or close follow up. Hopefully it's nothing, I know that doesn't help you worrying. Best wishes for stability, fingers crossed!

• scatteredenergy
    scatteredenergy Member Posts: 320
    edited June 2022
    Options

Thank you both. I emailed my Oncologist as soon as I read the report. I guess if she doesn't call me tomorrow I'll call her.