Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Am I the only one with super high tumor markers?

Options
vernal
vernal Member Posts: 15

Hello. At the start of treatment in 2021, my tumor markers were in the 300 range. After each treatment failed. ( Ibrance then Piqray) my markers rose even higher. I just started Verzenio due to progression on Piqray. My Ca15-3 is 4900 and my Ca 27-19 is at 3576.

I’d be more specific about treatments, but I am just too tired to even type, 😕

This is so discouraging. Has anyone else had super high markers
Thank you!

Comments

• moissy
    moissy Member Posts: 371
    Options

Mine were around 1000 when diagnosed. They have been as high as 2200 (clinical trial fail) and as low as 60. (abraxane) Mine have gone up and down through the years on various treatments.

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    Options

Is your doctor concerned? If not I wouldn't worry about them. I don't even know what mine are and never have. My doctor relies on symptoms and scans because she said tumor markers are too unreliable and cause too much unnecessary stress.

• nkb
    nkb Member Posts: 1,561
    Options

mine have been super high- I have to go by percentage change- they are predictive though. some people have cancer everywhere and normal tumor markers. the lowest mine have ever been is 675- the highest 12,000. if they are predictive it is helpful to know what your personal numbers run

• vernal
    vernal Member Posts: 15
    Options

Thanks nkb! I appreciate your response,

• mikainsb
    mikainsb Member Posts: 32
    Options

Highest around 3500.
    Lowest around 115.

My markers highly correlate to my status. If they are going down or stable, treatment is working. If they start going up, treatment will not be working for much longer. When I start a new treatment, sometimes they "flair", rise first before they decline. On one treatment they rose for six weeks before turning in the right direction. (It was a trial estrogen receptor antagonist that I was ultimately on for 15 months with fantastic response.)

I just started Verzenio which is my seventh treatment (I think). I had a 40% decline in three weeks, 1700->1000

• nkb
    nkb Member Posts: 1,561
    Options

Mikainsby- are you doing mono therapy with Verzenio or taking it with an estrogen blocker as well?

thanks