Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Waiting for biopsies appointment

Options
Fitmom04
Fitmom04 Member Posts: 40
edited July 2022 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

I had a mammogram on June 9th, they called and wanted more images. On June 23rd, had more and an ultrasound done. On the 30th they called but I missed the call, they wanted me to come in on the 4th for biopsies. I'm in Canada, so we are open on the 4th. Now I have my biopsies on the 15th. Just got my report and would like opinions please. I am a little worried. This is what the report says:

ORIGINAL REPORT Left breast complimentary recall views Left breast magnification views Left breast /axilla ultrasound CLINICAL STATEMENT: 51-year-old female. Routine screening mammogram showed asymmetry and microcalcifications in the left breast, for which additional views and left breast ultrasound was recommended. TECHNIQUE: Left CC spot compression and true lateral mammogram. Left breast magnification views. Complete left breast and axilla ultrasound was also performed. COMPARISON: Compared to routine screening mammogram from June 9, 2022. FINDINGS: MAMMOGRAM: There are suspicious microcalcifications in the upper inner and upper outer breast in the anterior, mid and posterior third. These were evaluated on the magnification views and demonstrate amorphous morphology as well as slightly pleomorphic appearance. At least three groupings are identified with the largest grouping demonstrating an extent of 13 mm. There is also a spiculated focal asymmetry in the upper inner breast in mid third, visualized on the lateral magnification view and true lateral mammogram and persisting on the CC spot compression. This measures 10 x 10 mm. ULTRASOUND: There is a hypoechoic indeterminate lesion with internal vascularity at 3 o'clock, 10 cm from the nipple. It measures 6.4 x 7.5 x 3.5 mm. There is a hypoechoic highly suspicious mass at 10 o'clock, 7 cm from the nipple. It measures 9.3 x 8 x 7.2 mm. It is anti-parallel and shows increased vascularity. Borderline left axillary lymph nodes are present. The largest lymph node measures 1.3 x 0.7 x 1.4 cm with a cortex of 0.3 cm, for probable ultrasound guided biopsy. IMPRESSION: Left breast complimentary views demonstrating suspicious microcalcifications in the upper inner and upper outer breast, for which decision will be made after the ultrasound guided biopsies. Depending upon the position of the clips for the two ultrasound guided biopsies, additional biopsies for these microcalcifications may need to be considered to document extent of disease. Highly suspicious mass at 10 o'clock, 7 cm from the nipple, corresponding to the spiculated focal asymmetry on the mammogram, for which ultrasound guided biopsy with clip placement will be performed. Indeterminate hypoechoic mass at 3 o'clock, 10 cm from the nipple, for which ultrasound guided biopsy with clip placement will be performed. Borderline left axillary lymph node, for which ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration cytology can be performed at the discretion of the reading radiologist. BIRADS: 5 - Highly suspicious ( Left breast mammogram and ultrasound). A complete right breast/axilla ultrasound will also be performed prior to biopsy. Our department will coordinate the recommended workup.

Comments

• quietgirl
    quietgirl Member Posts: 165
    edited July 2022
    Options

first of all a big giant hug. Obviously anytime someone has birads 5 it’s going to be cause for concern since it means the radiologist is saying I’m pretty sure this could be something compared to birads 4 which is more maybe it is maybe it’s not but it needs to be checked. But a birads 5 doesn’t say I’m 100 percent positive nor does it tell you the extend or stage of the issue. I know that doesn’t give you a lot of warm fussy vibes but I think in the end until you know for sure what exactly you are dealing with whatever you can do to reduce stress is important. For some people that means trying to research things, for others doing that only adds more stress. I know the 15th seems like a lifetime time from now but it’s not. Positive thoughts coming your way.

• tntnsd
    tntnsd Member Posts: 124
    edited July 2022
    Options

A Birads 5 means highly suspicious. I got moved from birads 4 to 5 after my radiologist took a look at my ultrasound and 3D diagnostic mammogram. It’s gonna be a rolle coaster for you now to when you have your biopsy result back. I sincerely wish you have a benign result (after all there a small percentage with birads 5 got benign news); however , be prepared for being confirmed ( and if confirmed, hopefully it is early)

There will be sleepless nights for you until you have a treatment plan in place if you are diagnosed. Come back here for any questions you might have. Dr Google is quite evil sometimes. There are a lot of treatments for BC these days, so while it seems bad now, it might not as bad as you think.

Big hugs to you.

• Fitmom04
    Fitmom04 Member Posts: 40
    edited July 2022
    Options

thank you so much. yes it does feel like it's far away. Here is a pic of my mammogram

image this is a pic of one of my mammograms