Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lower abdomen pain right side

Options

Hi friends I have been having pain in my lower abdomen near the pelvis. Got the X-ray done and it was normal. Doctor is not concerned but says we will do an ultrasound. Has anyone had a similar pain in lower abdomen ? Thank

Comments

• sunshinedaydream
    sunshinedaydream Member Posts: 35
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hi Flo -

I had lower right abdominal pain 6 years ago (4.5 years prior to my cancer diagnosis). It presented with chills and extreme pain that had me rolled over on the bathroom floor. I was 7.5 weeks pregnant and thought I had appendicitis. It turned out to be a very large uterine fibroid that I was not previously aware I had. Not sure if that would show up in an X-ray, but it shows up on ultrasound and MRI and PET. Not sure if you’ve ever been diagnosed with fibroids, but something else to consider.

Have you been experiencing this pain for a while? Is it constant or does it come and go? I hope you get your answer soon and the pain subsides.

• Flo80
    Flo80 Member Posts: 212
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hi Sunshinedaydream,

Thank you for reaching out. I will go for the ultrasound. The doctor first thought of appendicitis but then said that pain would be instant and with fever. This pain radiates from pelvic bone to lower abdomen and groin area. It stays there but when I lie down it goes away at times.
    will ask the oncologist too.

Thank yo

• sunshinedaydream
    sunshinedaydream Member Posts: 35
    edited July 2022
    Options

Good luck Flo. I hope you get your answer, and relief, soon