Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Her2 positive, ER negative ,PR negative

Options
bakerb
bakerb Member Posts: 7
edited October 2022 in HER2+ (Positive) Breast Cancer

I am interested to hear from folks who have this specific sub type and compare notes. I was diagnosed 6/2021 with L. Breast Ca Stage 11B, 2 positive nodes. Ki-67 90%. Had neoadjuvant TCHP x 6 July’21, double mastectomy 11/21, (tissue expanders, exchange to implants hopefully November 22) followed by Phesgo every 3 wks (will have final dose in August), rads x 25 to L chest, axilla and supraclavicular nodes. Achieved pCr from the neoadjuvant chemo, but concerned that even PCr patients still can have recurrence. My oncologist says the milestone to achieve is the 3 year mark, starting after radiation completion date. Have others with pCr experienced recurrence, if so, how soon and where did it recur? I’ve read where the Herceptin/Perjeta is very effective systemically but can’t cross the blood brain barrier, resulting in brain mets

Comments

• dutchiegirl
    dutchiegirl Member Posts: 76
    edited October 2022
    Options

I have the same subtype - HR-, Her2+. My oncologist has been practicing for many years and on my last appointment, I asked him when most recurrences occur with this subtype He said generally they recur within the first 2-3 years. He uses the diagnosis date, not end of treatment dates. He let me know that my chances of recurrence are now very low for me. It is tough to be diagnosed with this subtype but the big benefit is that our recurrence rates drop very low (close to 0) after 5 years. Best of luck to you!

• persapoliviou
    persapoliviou Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2022
    Options

i am not good in english, but i have the same cancer! I finished chemotherapy on December 2021 and herceptin June of 2022! I am 38 years old! My oncologist tell me that 2-3 years it’s important ! I feel good! I don’t think about it! But i think that i don't want to feel an touch to my breast because i am afraid and I don’t trust them. I will ask if i can have surgery just not feel them and put silicone! What you think about this?

• melbo
    melbo Member Posts: 266
    edited October 2022
    Options

there is another thread specifically about this sub-type where a few of us post when things come up. It’s not a common sub-type — only about 4% of breast cancer diagnoses, but it’s considered one of the most treatable sub-types there is because of the success of herceptin/Perjeta. Everything I have read and all three of my medical oncologists (my hospital had some turnover while I was in treatment) said 95% of patients who had a PCR to treatment didn’t have a recurrence. I have also been told that 3 years from the surgery date is then they consider patients with this sub type in the clear for a recurrence.

It’s a scary road and treatment sucks, but the statistics are in our favor

• melbo
    melbo Member Posts: 266
    edited October 2022
    Options

here is the link to the ER, PR meh, HER2 pos roll call thread:

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/80/topics/767013?page=229#idx_2290