Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Birads 4b

Options
owalsh
owalsh Member Posts: 3
edited July 2022 in Waiting for Test Results

hi everyone,

I noticed a new lump in my upper right quadrant/close to the chest. It was tender and mobile and I noticed it same day as mt period so assumed a cyst but on US tuned out to be a birads 4b. I am 36 with three small babies and am so so anxious. Any one have similar results and a good outcome? Thanks

Comments

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,761
    edited July 2022
    Options

owalsh,

It is normal to be concerned but try not to get ahead of what you know for sure. Having said that, I know that it is not easy to do! Distract yourself as much as possible and try not to dwell on what you don’t know. Also, I notice you started two of the same threads. It will be easier for members to respond and understand your situation if you stick to one thread as on active topics all threads are visible to all members regardless of the sub-forum you posted it on. Take care!

• tb90
    tb90 Member Posts: 279
    edited July 2022
    Options

Owalsh: At least 60% of 4b birads are benign. Just thought I would post this as others who were benign are likely not here reading BCO.

This is a very anxious time while waiting and for many of us, going to worst case scenario is unavoidable no matter what we do. But when you go there, fight back with positive facts in your favour. Including, that the majority of breast cancer diagnoses do not prove fatal. Enjoy those kiddies and look forward to your future with them