Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Birads 4b

owalsh
owalsh Member Posts: 3
edited October 2022 in Benign Breast Conditions

hi everyone,

i found a palpable lump my right upper inner quadrant and on breast US it was scored a birads 4b. I have the biopsy next week. I am so scared and sad, I am 36 with three small babies. Please any words of encouragement

Comments

• luvmyboys76
    luvmyboys76 Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2022

I’m so sorry, owals. I just went through this last week. I am 45 with two children, and was terrified. I was BIRADS 4a. I just got my biopsy results this morning and it was a benign fibroadenoma. I won’t tell you not to worry or not to be afraid, because it is scary. But I will tell you that you will get through it. Do what you need to do and feel what you need to feel to cope. I had a different, unrelated type of cancer 15 years ago (completely cured and never had a problem since), and so can say with confidence that waiting and the unknown are typically the worst parts of the journey. I can also say that the community here is wonderful, and you are not alone.

• tntnsd
    tntnsd Member Posts: 124
    edited August 2022

Hi owals,

I’m so sorry that you have found yourself here at 36 with three small babies. There would be no words could ease your fear and anxiety. With 4b, there is still good chance that it could be benign fibroadenoma; hang on to that hope. “But if it turns out as the other way, you will have the strength to deal with it understanding that most BC is treatable, manageable and many go on with life just fine” (this is what my doctor told me the day she sent me for my diagnosis mammogram and the day she delivered the news of my biopsy. I found it is hard to believe back then, but with this forum, I have learned that her saying is quite true). This time is the hardest. Wish you the very good result

• scaredmominmi
    scaredmominmi Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2022

Hi Owalsh,

I've been in your shoes several times, including when my children were just babies. It is very scary and upsetting. Please take time for yourself and do as much self care as you can.

The last time around I went through this they were fairly certain it was cancer, and it was not. I will send my good thoughts your way. Please update us and let us know how you are doing. Whatever the case, you will get through this!

• marnia
    marnia Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2022

Hi Owalsh, checking in to see if you got your results. Hoping all is well.