Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Waiting for the biopsy results.

Options
2»

Comments

• windwalker27
    windwalker27 Member Posts: 54
    Options

Good morning,

I need your advices again. I had my unilateral mastectomy yesterday. I ordered a mastectomy bra ( it’ll arrive today). Do you guys have any suggestions what brand(s) are good? And I obviously need a prosthesis. I have googled and the choices are confusing: lightweight, symmetrical, asymmetrical. Any advice? I know some people received all that in their hospital. My hospital doesn’t have that. Thank you very much in advance for your input. Everything in my life is moving on with the light speed. I have hard time processing it

• maggie15
    maggie15 Member Posts: 883
    Options

Windwalker27, I'm glad your surgery went well. My information on this topic is secondhand since I had a lumpectomy (I use a Bravo pad in some clothes to even out the cup size rather than have more surgery.) I have been told it is a good idea to start with something soft and cheap until you have healed, had any rads, and have had time to figure out how your body balance feels to you. A friend was happy with AnaOno bras and FooBs which work for B/C cup sizes. Hopefully someone else can give advice for larger cup sizes.

• kaynotrealname
    kaynotrealname Member Posts: 386
    Options

I ordered some lightweight foam forms off of amazon and they're fine. But I don't wear them. I like the flat look. But as long as they're lightweight you should be fine. Mine look good in clothes and they're comfortable - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QJ532XD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

• windwalker27
    windwalker27 Member Posts: 54
    Options

Thank you guys for your replies. I would love to go flat but my other boob is a D size. It will be noticeable. I will try something from the Amazon. I am planning the other mastectomy when the school is over (May-June). So I have to improvise till then