Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

What are the best implant types in 2022? Need to decide ASAP

Options
ailenroc
ailenroc Member Posts: 21
edited August 2022 in Breast Reconstruction

I am scheduled for reconstruction revision. Original recon after BMX was 2008; now I have a rupture and I am reading about many different newer implant types but don't know what might be best. I got in 2008 Mentor smooth high implants: 500 cc, which was more than I wanted but PS said that it needed to be that much to fill out my 'envelope'. I have always disliked that the breasts are ice-cold, quite firm feeling - definitely not the more squishy feel of a natural breast - and a bit to perky projecting. They also wrinkle with some movements. What implant type would be an improvement over this? What implant is less likely to rupture? Has high longevity? How can I quickly educate myself?

Comments

• 7of9
    7of9 Member Posts: 474
    edited August 2022
    Options

watching. My one is 10 yrs old silicone, smooth? I don't even know. Other replaced after recurrence and radiation is 5yrs old. Still look good though fat grafting wearing off and noticing a few wrinkles on the older one. I never want normal boobs again. Give me perky with a great rack in the coffin. I didn't pick plastic surgery, cancer did. I want a few things to look better than before this shitty disease. :)

• veggal
    veggal Member Posts: 261
    edited August 2022
    Options

if you want perky, with lots of projection, I highly recommend Natrelle Inspira SCX. Those babies will look fabulous, be you dead or alive!😜

Check into getting some mor fat grafting if ripples are an issue. I have had mine for five years, no ripples. Fat grafting really shouldn't “wear off" but will shrink and swell with weight gain or loss

• ailenroc
    ailenroc Member Posts: 21
    edited August 2022
    Options

veggal & 7of9: Glad you are happy with your implants. Do you have any symptoms of breast implant related illnesss / any autoimmune diseases since you got them?

I am really torn; I would like to replace the ruptured implants with new ones, but I did develop Dermatomyositis since i have them. I am just reading over the newer research that be now has established a link between implants and autoimmune disorders.

• veggal
    veggal Member Posts: 261
    edited August 2022
    Options

Well, funny you should ask…

I currently have a probable ruptured implant and am actually looking to see if I may be a candidate for a flap surgery. I just would prefer to NOT deal with implants anymore. I am thin, so am not sure that is in the cards for me.

I already had an autoimmune disease when I got the implant. So far I don’t think I have any new ones. I feel “not great” a few more days than I would like at times, but nothing that I can pin down to a specific disorder.