Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Biopsy tomorrow

Options
sickofwaiting
sickofwaiting Member Posts: 1
edited August 2022 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

I found a lump about 3 weeks ago and went to the doctor. She told me it was probably a fibroidadenoma and sent me for a mammogram and ultrasound just in case. Ultrasound found that my left breast has a lot of cysts, they saw the lump that I can feel plus another solid mass I can't feel. I was feeling ok about the first one because it's a round, smooth circle and it moves a lot. My results for this new lump that I didn't know about don't sound so promising. Here are my ultrasound results. The thing that stands out the most is nonparellel because everything I read says that's almost always cancer. Of course the tech told me not to worry because of my age and because both masses have smooth edges, but all I can do is worry.

I also sprained my ankle yesterday so now I have a biopsy while in a walking boot and a huge event for my business this weekend. So it's been a great week already so far.

BREAST COMPOSITION: The breasts are heterogeneously dense, which may

obscure small masses.

FINDINGS: A dominant mass is identified in the posterior central left

breast on the MLO projection which is just lateral to the nipple level

on the craniocaudal view. A smaller mass is suggested more superiorly

at the same depth on the MLO projection. Margins are predominantly

obscured. Correlation with ultrasound is recommended for further

evaluation of both masses. No mass or distortion is identified in the

right breast. No suspicious microcalcifications are present. CAD is

utilized.

High-resolution ultrasound was performed throughout the left breast to

include the areas of clinical and mammographic concern. The palpable

lump in the lateral breast corresponds to a solid hypoechoic mass with

gently lobulated contours, parallel orientation and smooth margins.

The mass measures 2.4 x 2.3 x 1.1 cm. There is a second solid mass at

the 12:00 position which measures 9 mm in greatest diameter. The

smaller mass has nonparallel orientation and smooth borders. Biopsy of

both lesion should be performed for tissue diagnosis. Several

benign-appearing cysts in the left breast measuring up to 1.8 cm at

the 11:00 position.

Overall assessment:

Right breast: BI-RADS Category 1: Negative

Left breast: BI-RADS Category 4: Suspicious findings

Comments

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 671
    edited August 2022
    Options

sickofwaiting, Sorry you find yourself in this position but yes the waiting is always the hardest part! I know it's difficult to remain optimistic but try to remain positive. Keep your mind as busy as possible. Many of Birad 4 's can still be benign. Sorry about the ankle that's a bummer for sure. You will get through one step at a time. Best wishes for benign results and a quick healing ankle sprain.

Suspicious abnormality – Biopsy should be considered

These findings do not definitely look like cancer but could be cancer. The radiologist is concerned enough to recommend a biopsy. The findings in this category can have a wide range of suspicion levels. For this reason, this category is often divided further:

4A: Finding with a low likelihood of being cancer (more than 2% but no more than 10%)

4B: Finding with a moderate likelihood of being cancer (more than 10% but no more than 50%)

4C: Finding with a high likelihood of being cancer (more than 50% but less than 95%), but not as high as Category 5

• meow13
    meow13 Member Posts: 1,363
    edited August 2022
    Options

Sending good vibes your way.

• rah2464
    rah2464 Member Posts: 1,192
    edited August 2022
    Options

Sick of waiting hope your biopsy results are benign and that ankle heals up quickly! Its all very stressful glad you came here to release some of that. Please let us know how things go and good luck on the business event.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,946
    edited August 2022
    Options

Thinking of you Sickfowaiting. Please keep us posted once you learn of your results. Sending good vibes!

--The Mods