Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Back pain 3 1/2 years out from diagnosis

Options
farfalla6
farfalla6 Member Posts: 92
edited August 2022 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

HI;

As you can see from my signature, I'm more than three years out from a triple negative diagnosis. I overdid it swimming laps and woke up a week ago with terrible lower back pain, mostly on left lower back. I am seeing NP today for a scheduled checkup and I'm terrified that it's a recurrence. I feel like I could tolerate the pain better if I knew what it was. I've been icing, heating, resting, massaging. Feels fine when I sleep but v painful to change positions and stiff when i walk. Do you think they'll send me for imaging today? Very anxious and I know you all would understand.

Comments

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,763
    Options

Farfalla ,

I am so glad that you will be having a check up today. I am afraid that no one here can predict what the next steps might be but having this check up should start you on the road to finding the source of your pain. I know it is worrisome for you but you’re on top of it. Take care.

• cathy67
    cathy67 Member Posts: 411
    Options

Farfalla,

Pray for you.

• maryjv
    maryjv Member Posts: 269
    Options

Farfalla, please keep us posted on your visit today. I completely understand how you feel...I had terrible, excruciating R sided back pain that developed right after end of treatment. Of course I was sent for bone scans, MRI, CT scans and I was found to have herniated discs and compressed nerves. But until I was diagnosed, the thought of reoccurrence was always there. I am glad you are advocating for yourself and hope you get some answers soon! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

• farfalla6
    Options

Thank you so much for your responses, I really appreciate it, and it's powerful medicine to feel less alone.

I saw my breast surgeon; he said it's highly unlikely this is mets because of the sort of pain and history of it; however, i did ask for imaging because I am travelling and will be out of the country for a bit to take care of elderly parents and he agreed. Context is also that I have an extensive history of depression and anxiety so scan is to reassure me; of course part of me thinks, well if he was REALLY sure, then I wouldn't need a scan. I hate my thinking process. The scan is Thursday.

I also have an appointment with a chiropractor tomorrow, to see what she thinks and see is PT can help.

• farfalla6
    Options

Happy follow up: PET scan was negative. Official read will take a bit but my oncologist discussed and reviewed with radiologist. Thank you for your support, and I'm back to PT!!!!

• 2019whatayear
    2019whatayear Member Posts: 464
    Options

great news!!

• maryjv
    maryjv Member Posts: 269
    Options

Happy dance!!!

• farfalla6
    Options

Thank you, Maryjv!