Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Controlling fear

Hi. I had shoulder pain and thought it was rotator cuff or shoulder impingement. The X-ray came back with a lucent lesion on my bone. I have an mri tomorrow and I’m stressed. Just so scared, sick to my stomach. I know worrying won’t help and I tell myself that but it doesn’t help. Any advice out there for me?

Comments

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 639

Hi bcisnofun I'm sorry that you are fearful and worried we all understand how you feel. We all know that worrying doesn't help but it's only natural to feel that way. I would say keep your mind as busy as possible and whatever provides stress relief, like exercise, music, meditation etc. I know tomorrow can't come soon enough so I pray time goes quickly this week for you.

Over the years as I was waiting for testing and results always told myself I can't change what's already there but I can be ready to deal with it going forward. So for me hoping for the best but being prepared for the worst helped me. Obviously everyone has their own way to deal with stress, try to find something that works for you.

Sending you big hugs and positive energy, you are not alone.

• bcisnofun
    bcisnofun Member Posts: 117

I can’t thank you enough for replying. I clipped a copy of your message to keep with me. It is wisdom and a gift. Thank you so much

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 639

Free Phone Wallpapers and Backgrounds #2 Over 50 FREE Phone Wallpapers to download

Your very welcome, best wishes.

• mocogram
    mocogram Member Posts: 94

Hi bcisnofun, sorry you're here. But, now that you are here, you will find good advice and empathy from those who have been where you are. I echo Cookie54, try to keep busy, especially doing things you enjoy. Try to stay away from Dr. Google. I hope you get the results from the MRI quickly. Let us know how things go today.

I see you're in Ohio. I was born and spent my first 18 years in NW Ohio, but have lived in Maryland (DC suburbs) for more than 50 years. But, I'm still an Ohio farm girl at heart.
  • bcisnofun
    bcisnofun Member Posts: 117

Thank you so much mocogram. I never want anyone to have breast cancer but gosh it helps to hear from people who can empathize with the waiting/worry zone. Mri complete now just waiting to hear. I vascillate from mad to terrified to hopeful to resigned. I stayed busy yesterday and that did help. Thanks again for thinking of me while I wait… with much appreciation. From one Ohio girl to another :)