Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Arimidex shortage?…

Options
lgbert
lgbert Member Posts: 8

Just got a phone call from Express scripts regarding my refill of Arimidex. They told me it is not available at this time and uncertain of availability. I have enough for awhile since I get 90 day supply, it this does sound good. I have a call in to my oncologist

Has anyone heard anything

Thank

Ber

Comments

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,226
    Options

I am no longer taking anti-hormonals as I finished 7.5 years, but wanted to link this site as a reputable source for direct to patient (no insurance) for Arimidex. If this is a temp shortage at Express Scripts (which is also my pharmacy) the source at Eagle may be able to tide you over until Express Scripts is stocked again. Good luck!

https://www.eaglepharmacy.com/drug/arimidex

• quietgirl
    quietgirl Member Posts: 165
    Options

So I get Anastrozole (so generic brand of arimidex) from express script and my order is suppose to be shipping soon. I’m wondering if it’s just specific brands that are having the issue.

• lgbert
    Options

I also get generic. The bottle says avkare, they use to have teva but that changed awhile back. I also got the notice it was shipping soon, but then I got a phone cal

• quietgirl
    Options

so I got a notice this morning that mine had shipped (with a tracking number) but until it actually leaves their building who knows. I’m wondering if they could switch you to a different generic (but I know that doesn’t always work in terms of side effects). Hoping that this gets resolved for you. Are you allowed to get your 90 day supply locally? My insurance allows me the choice now between getting some meds locally although that doesn’t make them cost less as long as it’s also a 90 day prescription.

• quietgirl
    Options

I received mine today. Never got any notice of a shortage or delay. Wish I could be of more help but since there is no way of knowing if it’s just one generic that’s having a shortage or many, I would have thought they would have let you know so your doctor could write a different prescription

• lgbert
    Options

Again, I was notified by Express scripts that they do not have Arimidex (generic). Had the same problem back in Sept but problem was resolved. The nurse from my oncologist called Tricare to get authorization from brand name and was told “not indicated”. So much for my veterans benefit. Yes, I can get the generic at the pharmacy for slightly higher cost. The other option was that the nurse was going to see if my MD would authorize me switching to Femera. Has anyone ever switched before. I have been on the medication for 3 years and most the side effects I had when started have resolved and I am doing well, so I don’t want to change meds. Just ventin

• reckless
    reckless Member Posts: 50
    Options

I placed a refill order for arimidex with Eagle Pharmacy today. It is in the late stages of being processed. They carry the brand name, not generic. It's not covered by insurance, they charge $60 per 30 tab bottle. More expensive than generic, which is $10 under my insurance, but I cannot find genericanastrozole by Teva anymore…

• lgbert
    Options

It appears that the Teva brand is becoming increasingly less available. I just had my onc write a script and took it it Walgreens. Different manufacturer but at least I got the drug