Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Olaparib (Lynparza) as adjuvant treatment

Options
tagety
tagety Member Posts: 15

Hi

I was diagnosed with Stage2b TNBC earlier this year in February. I completed my chemo, surgery (no PCR) and radiation.

I am now recommended to take Olaparib for a year to prevent recurrence.

Looking for experience from people here on this treatment.

Thank you

Comments

• dnazyme
    dnazyme Member Posts: 16
    edited October 2022
    Options

I’m surprised/sad no one with more experience had has jumped in here. But I’ll give my brief experience.

I have (had?) TNBC, 1c. I did not get pCR from neoadjuvant TAC (did not grow but did not really shrink) and am BRCA1+. I’ve been on Lynparza for one week and have had zero side effects. Possibly it’s affected my blood work (will find out next week), but I’d be surprised if my anemia worsened. I feel better, stamina-wis, not worse.

I was scared to begin (more scared not to), and have been relieved how easy it is thus far.

I’m on 300 mg twice per day.

• tagety
    edited November 2022
    Options

thanks dnazyme for responding. My experience has been the same. I am going for my 1 month checkup tomorrow. WBC and Lymphocytes counts are low.

My Haemoglobin numbers look good though. the supplements seems to have helped.

Will wait for doctor's advice on what to do next.

• dnazyme
    dnazyme Member Posts: 16
    edited November 2022
    Options

Last week I had my first blood work on Lynparza. My wbc were normal, but on the low end of normal. I am still anemic, but less so than I was before starting Lynparza. I have had no tiredness or nausea or acid reflux, for which I am so grateful.

• tagety
    edited November 2022
    Options

Update: The doc is not too worried abt wbc counts. he asked me to continue the dosage. I do have acid reflux and some fatigue but nothing unmanageable.