Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Breast indent/dimple/pucker

Options
kbos333
kbos333 Member Posts: 4
edited October 2022 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

hello. First and foremost, I am 31 years old and have 3 kids. I am still breastfeeding my 2 year old. Yesterday I noticed an indention type area on my breast. It is on my right breast under the armpit near the armpit fat. I do not feel a lump or have any other signs. My husband can’t see it. It also disappears when I lift my arm but is there when my arm is down. It looks like I may have a slight one on my left side but unsure. My right breast is larger and I do have some underarm fat. More than I would like. Any input or advice. I’m so worried. I do have an appt at end of month.

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,048
    edited October 2022
    Options

Hello kbos333, and welcome to breastcancer.org. We are so sorry for what you are going through, but we are glad that you joined the breastcancer.org to seek information and support. We hope that some members within the forum can provide some insight to your questions. We understand your concern, but usually breast changes such can be very normal. Waiting to be seen can be one of the most stressful situations. Please let us know if we can provide you with any additional support. Medicating

The Mods

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    edited October 2022
    Options

Try not to worry about it! Just mention it at your next appointment. Most likely it's nothing, especially if you have a similar spot on the other side.

• kbos333
    kbos333 Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2022
    Options

Thank you all. I really do appreciate it. Is it possible that it is something even if I can only see it when my arms are down? Everything I see says you see it more when arms are raised. I can’t see it while raised, only when my arms are down. When I tighten my muscles, with arms down, it does become more clear but on my other side, it looks like I have some small indents. But I am unsure and my eyes may be messing with me now. The right Breast is close to a cup size bigger than my left. It hangs more than the left as well. I also have my under arm fat in that arm. I’m just so scared and it’s beginning to consume my thoughts.

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    edited October 2022
    Options
    There's nothing to be consumed with worry about yet. If it's taking over your life please reach out to your doctor earlier.
  • allycally
    allycally Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2022
    Options

How have you been doing? Have you had your appointment yet? I’m in a similar boat- it’s all so scary.