Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Year-long lumps all on right side of body

Options
bluesybbie
bluesybbie Member Posts: 1
edited October 2022 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Hi all!

I'm Sybil, and I'm 23. I'm a lumpy girl; always have been since puberty hit. I'm prone to ovarian cysts and have a family history of fibroids and fibroadenomas. I had a breast reduction when I was a teen and the surgeons found a fibroadenoma in my right breast, which they took out. I didn't even know it was in there - no lumps or bumps at all (at least that I could feel).

Well, last year around this time, I started noticing some lumps showing up, all on the right side of my body. A hard but moveable lump behind my right ear, another hard lump but unmovable just between my right ear and jaw, a recurring softish and unmovable lump under my right armpit, and then finally two moveable pea-sized lumps on my boobs (one on each breast). I left them all alone for a little over a year and none of them has done much, so I figure I'm in the clear. I don't have a family history of breast cancer, except my mom's sister had it. I recently went into the clinic to get them all checked out because some sort of skin rash developed on my right breast last month. It looked all red and inflamed but didn't hurt at all. I had a minor breast infection on my left breast shortly after the reduction surgery (back in 2019), and it hurt like hell - I couldn't even rub against it without cringing in pain. However, this rash didn't hurt at all, just looked like it should lol.

Underneath the red rash, it felt like there could be some surface-level bumps forming because it felt like my skin was becoming more firm. I think it might be eczema because I do have that, but normally my outbreaks happen on my face or arms, like I've never had a breakout on my breast before.

Thankfully the rash has gone down, and it's turned a dark purplish color. So far this breast has been pretty itchy, so I've been putting hydrocodone on it to calm it down, but it's not really working. It's like the itchy feeling is coming from inside my breast and not the skin portion. Idk maybe this is how eczema presents on this particular patch of skin.

Anyway, my doctor felt around the areas I've described and said she wasn't too worried about it and said I should get some imaging done on all of them. So now I have an appointment for an ultrasound coming up this week, and I'm just curious to know what these lumps are and why they're all on my right side. I'm not too worried because they've all been around for over a year and haven't done much, plus they're pretty small. The only big one is the one between my ear and jaw.

Does anyone have experience with something like this? Lumps that just hang around all year long? I'm happy the lumps on my breast aren't growing because I've heard that fibroadenomas can get pretty big and painful. So far, all of mine are painless. I'm not worried, but obviously the thoughts are lingering in the very back of my mind. The one thing I have to comfort myself is that they've been there for over a YEAR, and I've heard that in younger women, breast cancer grows faster than it does in older women, and mine haven't grown at all.